GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

Xenons not as bright

I replaced my originals d1s lamps with the Sylvania brand. Before street signs would illuminate from almost 100 yards away. Now I can barely see 30 feet ahead. Are Sylvania lower quality than the oem which I think are made by Phillips? Is this a sign the ballasts need to be replaced? Anyone...
  2. S

Anyone with Vagcom in the Dallas Ft Worth area

If anyone can meet up the weekend I would appreciate it. I need to clear a CEL so I can get my car inspected. I switched my apr tune to the stock none test pipe file and after 50 miles it thru a cel. I thought if I switched it back to the 93 file test pipe file it would clear on its own but it...
  3. S

Amish Mafia

This has to be the worst reality show I've seen but I can't stop watching. Please tell me I'm the only one.
  4. S

APR STOCK FILE NON TEST PIPE?

My APR tune has stock, 91, 93, and 100. I have a catted DP. I have the test pipe tune on the 3 different octane files. If I switch to stock will it go back to non test pipe? The shop I got my car tuned at said that all the files are test pipe files. Any input would be appreciated. Need to get...
  5. S

HELP!!! Will this caue a boost leak?

Please click on the pic and let me know if this would cause a boost leak. I been having performance loss for the past couple weeks and finally had a chance to look under my car. By now you can tell I am being sarcastic. Today when I jumped on the highway I started hearing this loud hissing...
  6. S

Torque Insert = Less Wheel Spin?

After I had my car flashed to stg 2 I could roast my tires in 1st and 2nd. After installing a BSH torque insert I noticed I can barely break the tires loose. Just curious if anyone has had a similar experience.
  7. S

WTB Rev D Diverter Valve

Looking for new or slightly used Rev D diverter valve.
  8. S

Are these 3 products good for detailing?

I am pretty new to detailing. I have washed cars and applied waxes by hand but have never used machines. I recently bought a DA buffer from NH Northern. I have scratches, swirls, and clear coat scuffs. Below are the products I purchased to get rid of these imperfection. Please let me know if...
  9. S

BG FUEL INDUCTION TREATMENT

Has anyone had a BG Fuel Induction treatment done to their car. Below is a quick video and a shop locator. Cost around 125.00. Look to be a great alternative to removing the intake and cleaning yourself or doing a seafoam treatment. Video http://vimeo.com/3989681 Locator...
  10. S

NEW CHEAP INTERCOOLER OPTION

Found this on eBay. Looks like a Godspeed without the hose kit. Wonder if the stock hose will fit. Any guinea pigs out there willing to drop 250.00 to try it out? Don't think you can go wrong either way...
  11. S

BSH INSERT INSTALLED (QUICK THOUGHTS)

Just installed a BSH insert. The installation is pretty straight forward. Jack the car up. Spray silicone on it. Hit it a few times with a rubber mallet. Install new hardware. Finished. After reading the forum it seemed like this modification would make my car feel like it was going to...
  12. S

TPMS Leak?

One of my front tires has to be filled every 3 to 5 days. I did an inspection but no sign of a puncture. Is it common for theTPMS valve to leak? Thx.
  13. S

Oil Level Sensor

When I was having my downpipe installed the mechanic noticed the sensor on the bottom of the oil pan was not plugged in. He looked all over and could not find the connection. I have a 2010 GTI 2.0. Does anyone know whats up with that?
  14. S

ASPEC (eBay) Throttle Pipe Install

Yesterday a installed an ASPEC Throttle Pipe that I purhased from another member. My original pipe had a stripped screw on the MAF sensor. The pipe itself is built nicely. The hardware they supply is useless. They give you 2 screws for the MAP that are too short and the o-ring is too big...
  15. S

Launch Control

I wanted to find out people's experiences with using launch control during their ownership. I bought a used 2010 and have tried it a few times. I'm curios if there are any issues that may come about from using this feature. I am assuming there is added wear to the clutch packs. I read a post...
  16. S

Ebay Cat-Back

Anyone have this exhaust? Cost 239.00 + 30.00 shipping. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2009-2010-12-VW-Golf-GTi-MK6-Catback-Exhaust-Dual-2-5-Exhaust-Pipe-3-5-Tip-/200876523318?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ec52c7f36&vxp=mtr
  17. S

DUB Squared Great Maintenance and APR Shop Dallas/FT Worth

I bought a 2010 GTI 2 weeks ago and got the chip bug pretty quickly. I called around all the the shops APR had listing on their website for dealers in Texas. Everyone I called said they wanting between 125.00 to 175.00 for labor for a APR Stage 2 flash. I finally called Dub Squared and they...
  18. S

APR STAGE 2 GAP FOR BKR7EIX PLUGS

I have done alot of searching but cannot find a definitive answer on what spark plug gap is right for a APR STAGE 2. I saw a post from HS Tuning that they recommended .032. I put set my gap per their specs then I read several posts saying to do .028. When I took my plugs out of the box they...