GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Ganiman

Wiper "stutter"

Yesterday I was trying to use my rear wiper and spray fluid on the rear window. Nothing came out and my wiper fluid light came on and I realized I hadn't filled my wiper fluid in a while. I pulled over at the next gas station, got some wiper fluid, filled it up, and tried my wipers. The front...
  2. Ganiman

Air blowers / fans no longer working

A while back my air conditioner / heater would only blow air on setting 4. Then 4 stopped working too. I looked it up and it seemed like the blower resistor near the cabin filter was bad. I replaced it, but the fans still do not work. Where should I look next? The air AC still works, I can feel...
  3. Ganiman

Hand brake "froze"

My passenger side hand brake "froze". I detached the hand brake cable. The part that hooks into was stuck so the brake wouldn't let go. I was able to tap it open and release the brake and the car rolls again, but the hand brake cable is still detached. How do I fix? Does it need some lube or...
  4. Ganiman

Tiguan exhaust leak

I know it's not a GTI, but it's the same 2.0T so I figure guys around here could help me out. I just had my wife's 2009 Tiguan on a lift. I thought the down pipe was cracked or something by the sound it is making. When we got it on the lift and looked and listened with a stethoscope to find...
  5. Ganiman

Wheel bearing help

I picked up my car this morning from my mechanic after some intake manifold drama. They took it out for a 20 mile test drive this morning, highway and city, to make sure everything was cool before they handed it back off to me. When I got the car back, he let me know a wheel bearing was...
  6. Ganiman

New intake manifold = broken car

Last week I had a check engine light come on when I started my car. It was not present the night before. The MFI did not show any messages about the CEL, so I brought it to the local VW/Audi/BMW shop that does APR tunes and what not. They read the code for me, determined it was a failed...
  7. Ganiman

Rasberry Pi in a GTI?

Raspberry Pi in a GTI? This idea for me began when I was looking up parts to hard wire a dash cam to my fuse box. I found lots of 12v to 5v converts with female USB plugs on them that would wire nicely in to a new circuit in my fuse box, but most of what i found was from China with sketchy...
  8. Ganiman

This little kid can drive and park better than you

RbVFI08yj1I
  9. Ganiman

Help me school my friend

I have a very good friend who is in the market for a new car. It seems no matter what I say, I cannot influence his choice of vehicles. He bought a Hyudai Elantra (hatch back sort of style) brand new like 10 years ago, and it is the only car he has ever owned. It's nearing 200k miles and was...
  10. Ganiman

Window sticker scan

Does anyone have a good scan of a new GTI window sticker with all the options and what not? I've been searching around and can't come up with a scan of a GTI dealer window sticker.
  11. Ganiman

Dubs on Defrost 7

I've never been to this. I wanted to check it out last year but plans fell through. I am thinking about catching a cruise and headed out to it this year. Anyone on these forums going to this?
  12. Ganiman

Suspension upgrade path? Unibrace/Sway bars

I started to check out the Unibrace products. At first, I didn't realize there was more than one - I never really paid much attention to it. Now I realize there are 3 different Unibrace parts for the MK6. So I started to wonder... what order would one want to install these parts? They aren't...
  13. Ganiman

Dustoff 2014

Anyone planning on going to Dustoff this year? Going to enter your car or just be a spectator? I threw my name in to volunteer and help put this year. Was wondering if anyone on these forums would be attending. Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
  14. Ganiman

ST coils - cracked plastic sleeve

I noticed this broken plastic cover on my ST coilovers when I had my wheels off today: The pic is from a rear, but it looks like all 4 are either cracked or broken. Is this something I should be worried about? I never noticed a difference in the ride since they were put on last summer...
  15. Ganiman

FS/FT: OEM Detriots

SOLD
  16. Ganiman

Wheels on United Grey

I've been searching for days trying to find pics of United Grey MK6s with different wheel options. I am in the market for a new set of wheels and have been trying to get some ideas. The biggest thing I'm having trouble deciding on is the color/finish. At first I was set on black, then thought...
  17. Ganiman

Do they make this for a GTI?

Not really... but wouldn't it be fun if they did?
  18. Ganiman

Water transfer art

Never saw this before, figured I'd share here. Pretty neat how this is done. Lots of possibilities. Some are not my style, but some I do like. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=685421164835846
  19. Ganiman

Pic request: United Grey with OEM front lip

I got an OEM front lip for the holidays and am not sure which color to get it painted. Do I color match to my united grey? Maybe go black? I saw pics of red, not sure if that is for me but wifey liked it. I tried googling but thought a topic might be good. So any one have any pics of UG with...
  20. Ganiman

Noise at 70mph

About a month ago, I put 4 new tires on my GTI. I had never heard (or not heard) my GTI ride so quiet and smooth before. Then, last Friday night, I hit a pot hole. Right away, I felt a wheel out of balance. When I got to my destination, I walked around the car, checked all the tires, under...