GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. B

FS: Set of Detroits $100 St. Louis, MO

I sold my '12 GTI a year and a half ago. I've got a second set of wheels in my storage closet and I want to get rid of them. Two are rashed, one has a few marks on it, and one is like 99.999% perfect. Three tires are Michelin all seasons that are 4 years old and have probably 10-15K of life...
  2. B

FS - APR Bluetooth dongle

I bought this dongle 2 years ago and have not had any issues with it. I've sold my car and no longer need it. I'm asking $50 + shipping. See the attached pictures. PM if you are interested.
  3. B

FS - VW MDI Lightning Cable

I have an genuine VW MDI lightning cable for sale. I bought it at my local VW dealer a year ago. I've since sold my car. I've attached a picture. I'm asking $25 + shipping. PM me if you are interested.
  4. B

FS - Serpentine Belt

I'm selling a new serpentine belt for a 2012 GTI. I sold the car and no longer need it. I'm asking $10 + shipping Please PM me if you are interested.
  5. B

FS - Fuel Injector Kit and UIM Gasket

I'm selling a set of fuel injector seal kits and an upper intake manifold gasket for a 2012 GTI. I was planning on using them when I did a valve cleaning job but ended up selling the car. All are from the VW service department. I'd like to get $30 + shipping for all of them. Please PM me...
  6. B

FS - Maintenance Items

I have a bunch of maintenance items for my 2012 GTI that I no longer need (sold the car). I'd like to sell ALL of the items to one person if at all possible. The total price for all items is: $60 + shipping. Below is a list of the items: 1 x Mobil1 Oil Filter (M1-404) 1 x Mann Oil Filter...
  7. B

FS - Daily Driver Brake Pads

I purchased some quality daily driver Wagner brakes pads for my 2012 GTI and no longer need them (sold the car). These would be great replacements for a daily, non-tracked car. The part numbers are: QC1456 and QC1107. I'm selling the FRONT and REAR ceramic pads AND two sets of retaining...
  8. B

Good Deal on Rotella

Menards has a good deal on Rotella right now (plus you can use a Shell mail-in rebate) 1 gal Rotella T6 5w40 (SKU#: 261-5047) - $21.36 1 qt Rotella T6 5w40 (SKU#: 261-3269) - $4.99 (on sale right now) Total: $26.35 Shell has a $5.00 off a 1 gal Rotella T6 rebate (limit 4 per household) Less...
  9. B

APR Stage 1 Issue

I’ve found that while in 93 and 91 mode, between 2,400-3,000 RPM, my car is jerky and surges a bit. It feels like I have a plugged fuel filter for a minute and then… BAM power on. The issue seems worse during light to moderate throttle. It’s driving me nuts for daily driving in city traffic...
  10. B

A Big Load

I have a road trip coming up and will be driving about 600 miles. I have a ton of odds and ends that I plan on stowing in the hatch of my GTI. After loading it all in, I noticed that my car is loaded down pretty good. Like no real wheel gap. I'm not bottomed out or rubbing the wheels though...
  11. B

Euro Hanger - Who's Going?

I'm going. Driving from St. Louis all the way up to Holland, MI. Who else is going?
  12. B

Mystery Oil Leak

I was under my car today doing a manual transmission drain and fill and noticed some wetness on the back of the engine. It appears to be oil. The oil is on the back of the engine, above the oil pan, and extends up to some metal tubes that eventually appear to be going to the turbo charger. I...
  13. B

Longer than Normal Crank Times

Occasionally, when I "restart" my car it will crank about 5 times more than normal. Nothing crazy, but definitely noticeably longer thank a normal start. It's been doing this for about a year. It only seems to do it on a restart, never on the first start-up. It is inconsistent too. Sometimes...
  14. B

Possibly Carbon Buildup

So, I'm wondering if I have the beginning signs of carbon buildup. My car, at idle with either cold or normal operating temperature, will have a slight miss to it. I swear I can feel it. However, neither the CEL or EPC light have come on yet. Under a light load or heavy load I have no...
  15. B

Water Pump Carbon Cleaning Dilema

Finally, I'm now in the "my water pump failed" club. 48,000 on my 2012 MK6 GTI and I've discovered puddles under the car, coolant pooling on the under body shield, and a low coolant bottle. I've got an appointment scheduled at the dealership to get it fixed this Tuesday. I've spoken to them...
  16. B

PCV Valve Oil Seepage

I noticed that my PCV valve had some oil on it. It appears that it is seeping. I was wondering if anyone else has had this and is it normal?
  17. B

Acceleration Not Smooth

I’m having an odd issue with my car. I’ve only got 38,000 miles on it. During minor to moderate acceleration and between 2,000 and 3,000 RPMs the car feels like its missing. No check engine light and no EPC light. It doesn’t feel smooth through that RPM range and is jerky like it’s stumbling...
  18. B

Cluster Eff'd

File this one under... "yeah, that just happened!" Accidentally left my driver side window down last night. Sprinkler system at my apartment complex went off this morning. Douched the inside of my car. Basically it destroyed my instrument cluster...it's half lit up and acting crazy. The...
  19. B

Engine Noise

Hey everyone! I'm a noob here posting for the first time. I've been following the forums since I bought my 2012 GTI new in November of 2011… just been too bashful to join and post anything. My car has got 24,000 miles on it and for the last 500 or so miles I've noticed a clatter from the...