GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. reedsposer22

SOLD 2013 GTI Candy White Stage 2

not much traffic on the site anymore, I have a 2012, stage 1 car, good shape for 3k and no one has bit!
  2. reedsposer22

New Price- $3,000- 2012 4dr GTI For Sale- White with bronze VMR Rims

BUMP- New price, $3,000 - Great car
  3. reedsposer22

Bump PRICE UPDATE- 4K- GREAT DEAL for this car!!
  4. reedsposer22

Highest mileage cars on the forum?

Mine has 158k, 2012 4door. just posted it in classifieds. Just got me thinking, what is your mileage on your car?
  5. reedsposer22

It's finally time, after 14 years with this boy. All things have to end. Looking to sell to someone in the south east, near the Chattanooga area, give or take, and prefer a member of MK6 before selling on facebook, etc 158k miles maintained well good for someone looking to do a build on it...
  6. reedsposer22

Any one use the H7 to LED adapter?

anyone ever used this? Is it safe heat wise? See below, it takes the low beam H7 bulbs (halogen) and turns it to LED.... https://www.ebay.com/itm/LASFIT-H7-Holder-Adapter-LED-Headlight-Kit-for-Volkswagen-VW-Golf-GTi-Passat-MK7/322568884838?epid=17004116772&hash=item4b1a9a9266:g:~KQAAOSwZnpcPEPg
  7. reedsposer22

2012 GTI Headlight Upgrade

This thread was helpful, as I want to upgrade my lights on my MK6, thanks
  8. reedsposer22

What are the stock lights on a 2012 MK6? any one know upgrade brands?

Hi, 4dr 2012 MK6 here....I want to upgrade the headlights... I am clueless as to what type the stock are (are they xenon? or another type?) And if upgrade, what brands do people recomend? thanks
  9. reedsposer22

PCV without thrown code?

Car burns 1Q or more a month. No codes. No leaks. I replaced PCV at 60-70k after code thrown. Car now has 124k. Burns alot of oil, and has for about 1 year or so. Thoughts on replacing PCV even though no code?
  10. reedsposer22

Rear Left taillight in hatch door

Rear left tailight in hatch door is loose, bulb is good, but loose within connector so loses connection every other day. I adjust and it stays good temporarily. Here are pics of the part....searching online, cannot find where to by these connector....anyone know...part number 5K0.945.259....
  11. reedsposer22

95k on car, all issues to date

Owned since late 2013, purchased at 25k miles. currently 95k. Issues i have experienced: 1) Cam chain tensior chain failure 2) PCV valve failure 3) two sets of coil packs fail 4) passenger side radiator fan failure 5) new battery 6) three sets of tires : Michelin AS3s, Falkien G4s, and...
  12. reedsposer22

Rear banjo bolt size (emergent, due to leak)

Also posted in maintence forum: Hi, MK6, 2012 here. Rear left caliper brake line banjo bolt was stupidly taken off by my buddy helping me change out pads. As you know, the upper 13 mm caliper guide bolt is a tight fit. Well he remove the banjo bolt to get easier access to it. Now it leaks...
  13. reedsposer22

Emergent (brake leak) queation about banjo bolt

Hi, MK6, 2012 here. Rear left caliper brake line banjo bolt was stupidly taken off by my buddy helping me change out pads. As you know, the upper 13 mm caliper guide bolt is a tight fit. Well he remove the banjo bowl to get easier access to it. Now it leaks. Does anyone know the size of the...
  14. reedsposer22

Anyone know which off brand PCV i can go with?

On ecs tuning, the genuine vw PCV is $134, one from hamburg technic is $60. Hamburg tech info: Mfg Part # 06H103495E ECS Part # ES#2718626 Brand Hamburg Tech Genuine VW info: Mfg Part # 06H103495AC ECS Part # ES#2707418 Brand Genuine Volkswagen Audi Previous Revisions 06H103495A 06H103495E...
  15. reedsposer22

Bought air filter with pre filter...will it fit?

Bought Mann c35154/1 instead of c35154 air filter for engine. I tore the white pre filter part of thinking it was part of the packaging, now that i screwed my self in doing this, does anyone know if this slightly different air filter will fit my 2012 gti? Thak
  16. reedsposer22

Who replaces intake gasket when removing intake?

an informal poll...as title states...Who all here has/ plans on replacing / intake gasket when removing intake? thanks
  17. reedsposer22

Intake gasket to buy...genuine VW or off label?

Doing carbon clean next spring, gathering parts. Should i go genuine VW or save $5 and get off label? Link below at ECS tuning. Thanks https://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_VI--2.0T/Engine/Gaskets_-and-_Seals/Intake_Manifold/
  18. reedsposer22

Magnetic

for those with magnetic bit drivers, where did you purchase? thanks looking for Magnetic T30 and other bit drivers for 3/8" driver, for when I do the carbon cleaning.
  19. reedsposer22

Are turbo engines better in cold weather since more dense air?

Do our cars work better, aka more hp in these months, since colder air means quicker cooling of the exhaust gases in intercooler/aftercooler?