GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Micko700

17 inch wheels on the base model

Do any of you here have 17 inch wheels on your 2.5L? I'm looking into getting new rims and tires next spring, I'm just worried about how the car would look at stock height. A co worker put the standard GTI 18 inch wheels on his 2.5L and it just doesn't look right to me. I might lower it once I...
  2. Micko700

Weird clutch sound

So I don't exactly know if people had this problem, but when I release the clutch to the friction point, it makes kind of a chirping/rattly sound. It's not that loud. I'm just scared that I might have damaged my clutch or throw out bearing since I got the car in August and it's my first manual...
  3. Micko700

2.5 squeaky clutch?

So Iv'e had my Golf for almost 2 months now and today as I pulled into my garage from cleaning the car, I turned off the car and pushed the clutch in to put it in 1st, when I heard the squeak. It happens the second I engage/disengage it. Could it be the pedal itself?
  4. Micko700

Wheel size

So my car is sitting on 16'' wheels from the dealer. The steelies then the plastic covers, which just ruin the look of the car for me. I was wondering what's the best and average custom rim size for the MK6 2.5L golf? 17? 18?
  5. Micko700

Best shoes for driving?

What do you guys/girls wear when driving your car? Preferably a manual. I just use these DC skate shoes, since they're flat and light. Is there really a difference between different shoes?
  6. Micko700

manual shifting

Hey guys, kinda new here. So I got my first car couple weeks ago, which is a 2011 golf 2.5L manual. Been driving to school and stuff and I have a problem, shifting. Starting from neutral to first is easy and I got it down, but going from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd is kind of frustrating me. The...