GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

FS: COBB AP

Selling a Cobb AP V3 for the 2010-2014 MK6 GTI. Sold the car today, and unmarried the AP this morning. The tuner was used twice to install and uninstall the tune, and still has the plastic on the screen. All mounts, faces and COBB stickers still in wrappers. Asking $500 shipped.
  2. G

So my Buyback Offer just arrived, time to get serious about what to buy...

If you are looking at the 335i, definitely look at ones with the M Sport Pkg. Suspension is much better than base. That engine is pretty awesome too!
  3. G

So my Buyback Offer just arrived, time to get serious about what to buy...

If you're looking to stay away from mundane, look past the 328 X-drive. Been driving BMW's for quite a while, and the newer 3 series leave much to be desired. Had a 2011 328i, and it was just eh. Very reliable though. The 535D is definitely a nice car, and the diesel has gobs of torque and...
  4. G

Daily Driving stick sucks rant.

I don't know how far you are from the pedals, but if you are extending your knee to almost straight, you are too far from the pedals. As stated above, try different seating positions. Higher and closer are better for your knee than lower and further.
  5. G

Daily Driving stick sucks rant.

I find that the GTI clutch is one of the lightest ones I have ever driven. Sure, the throw is a little long, but it is so easy to depress. When I get in our 550i and depress the clutch after driving the GTI for a while, I feel like I'm driving a commercial truck with a very stiff clutch...
  6. G

Need advice on out of state car purchase (from a dealer)

When we bought my wife's 550i from Cali, the dealer cut us a check for the taxes in WI. We got a loan locally, sent in the full amount including taxes for WI, and the dealer cut us the tax check. Just get all of it in writing prior to closing the deal.
  7. G

Which Stainless Brake Lines?

So I have done a search, and haven't found much on which lines people recommend, only which ones they are running. My wife has said the brakes have to be upgraded before a tune, so I am trying to get it done soon. Already ordered Stoptech rotors and Hawk HPS pads, and just want to get...
  8. G

Convince me not to get into a '15 Camry XSE

Two reasons are all you need.....It's a Toyota, and it's a Camry which my grandfather would drive. 'Nuf said! A third reason is it would be boring as hell to drive. Many new cars, whether its a family sedan or econobox are relatively quick , but the fun factor will never be there. They're...
  9. G

What are the MKVI's Most annoying features?

This isn't intended to be a bash on the cars, just what features annoy the owners the most. Please don't turn this into a "I hate my car and VW" thread. Anyway, since owning the GTI for the last 5+ months, a few features have stood out that annoy me. The first is the upshift light that is not...
  10. G

First Unscheduled Maintenance

Most of the Winter we have had a clunking from the front suspension, and from what I read here I figured it was the strut mounts. Annoying, but not worth a dealer service appointment just for that. Well, last week my wife informs me that the blower only works on the highest speed, and the next...
  11. G

Hey everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. We bought a 2013 Wolfsburg GTI 4 dr. back in October and are loving it. Specs are Carbon Steel, 6 spd., and had 10,100 miles on it when we got it. Didn't want much on it since it is basically a commuter car with decent gas...