GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. MK6BRO

Getting intake after tune

I've been pondering the idea about getting an intake for my car. I got an APR tune about a year ago and was wondering if I would run into any problems or if I would have to get my car re-tuned for the intake.
  2. MK6BRO

Tire recommendations?

Still on the stock pirelli's that I think came on the car and they have been awful. I've gotten one patched before and it seems like every month or so they just start losing air. This weekend one just went flat and I'm just going to get new tires. I'm looking for reliable, all season tires that...
  3. MK6BRO

stage 1 gti vs turbo civic

just wondering how my gti would do against my friends honda civic. i believe its a k20 with a turbo and he says it weighs 2500 pounds. he got it dynoed today and it put down 310hp and like 220torque i have an apr stage 1 gti that claims 265hp and around 310 torque. what would be the results...
  4. MK6BRO

MK6 Golf R clutch for GTI

I have an opportunity to get a clutch from a Golf R owner for about $300. He says it has about 30000 miles on it. My engine mods are only a stage 1 APR tune and I'm running a stock clutch at 70k miles. Does the R clutch fit and would it be a good idea opposed to a different clutch? The $300...
  5. MK6BRO

planning on getting a tune at waterfest

I heard that they're doing tunes for 599 so i figured i'd get a stage 1 tune. i live about 2.5 hours from englishtown and plan on getting an apr tune down there. i was just wondering how my clutch would hold up. i realize that it could start slipping immediately, would it be able to hold up...
  6. MK6BRO

Radio stays on after car turns off

I just installed a system in my car but had to take it out because I could not figure out why the radio stayed on after my car turns off. Some people said just turn it off manually but there was times I forgot and my car battery died. I'm trying to avoid this and make it turn off with the car...
  7. MK6BRO

Forge Twintake

So one of my friends who recently traded in his Golf R has a couple of aftermarket parts left over for his car including the Forge Twintake. He said that it more than likely should fit on my GTI but I wanted to confirm with you guys if its an interchangeable part between the cars. It's pretty...
  8. MK6BRO

Mod friendly dealers in CT?

Anyone know which ones don't mind a couple mods in terms of warranty work? Specifically Watertown
  9. MK6BRO

Terrible gas milage

So the other day after putting some gas into my car, I started the car and my check engine light came on. So I went to autozone to see what it was for and it came up as P2015 which is a problem for the intake manifold. I figured the next day I would set up an appointment with VW to get my...
  10. MK6BRO

BMW M2 or GT350?

GT350 with or without the GTI The M2 is kinda.. meh to me
  11. MK6BRO

Couple quick questions about coilover install

I've searched the forums to answer most of my questions about installing coilovers but found some conflicting information. I bought solowerks s1 coilovers and was planning on using the following guide on installing everything. http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8095 The tools I'll...
  12. MK6BRO

Stereo install parts

Yo bros i just got a single din stereo and I'm ready to install it in my car. I'm just trying to figure out what parts i need to complete this install...
  13. MK6BRO

Black Friday / Cyber Monday

whats up bros seeing as we're a few weeks away from this and this is my first year with a VW I'm looking forward to getting some stuff for it. what sites can i expect to have some good deals, looking to get some springs as well as an intake. any other relevant information in terms of black...
  14. MK6BRO

WTB: LOWERING SPRINGS

IF YOU GOT EM LEMME KNOW I WANT EM ..... .... .. . . THANX
  15. MK6BRO

WTB: AFTER MARKET INTAKE

PREFER ONE WITH A CONE FILTER NEUSPEED PFLO DOES NOT MATTER ....... ... ... THANX
  16. MK6BRO

K&N Cone Filter

Whats up bros I can get a nice discount at a local store near me on a K&N cone filter. I was thinking about grabbing it and putting it on my GTI. Would there be any problems if I replaced the stock air box with it? I'm not tuned for now just curious if it would work. Thanks