GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Phur

EuroDistrict 2022

Who’s coming to EuroDistrict Saturday, 10/08/22? The weather looks like it’s going to be perfect!
  2. Phur

Vibration when braking, please help.

I have already addressed this once, and sunk quite of bit on a custom powdercoated front and rear golf R brake conversion just about 3k miles ago, so the wife is extremely not pleased. The vibration is slight-ish right now, but I’m not trying to damage parts letting it ride. History of the car...
  3. Phur

Anyone else going to EuroDistrict?

I’d love to see some people from the forums.
  4. Phur

OEM Airbox, great shape!

Do you need to go back to an OEM airbox for inspection? Do you want to go back to stock? Has your airbox been damaged? If so, I’ve got what you need. MK6 GTI OEM Airbox for CBFA engines. Great shape! Includes extremely clean, nearly new genuine VW air filter. Includes all pipes and trim, less...
  5. Phur

Anyone have experience with the Varex XForce exhaust and SmartBox?

Just like the title says, I'm looking at exhaust options and think that this may suit my needs the best. I was wondering if anyone on here has tried it. Specifically, I'm wanting to know how quiet it can be. I don't want to be assaulted by drone on really long road trips, or to be dickish to...
  6. Phur

Looking for Edition 35 information

I recently hit a raccoon and am looking into replacing the bumper and underspoiler with the ED35 stuff. Unfortunately the only listing that I have been able to find for it is from ECS Tuning. I have had multiple bad experiences with them and the listing says that it won’t ship until late...
  7. Phur

Preferred fuel?

I have always gone with Shell, but they have recently been pushed out in my area. I have Sunoco, Mobil, Marathon and BP to choose from. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Phur

FS: Deautokey super bright LED back-up lights for non-LED tails

SOLD $25 shipped. Retails for $49.99. These are error-free and have been great with no issues. I got them 2 1/2 years ago. Recently got OEM LED tails, so these will no longer fit my car. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. Phur

Planning on driving Pikes Peak, precautionary maintenance?

Weather permitting, I will be heading that way the end of October. I’m at 73,000 miles now. DSG fluid, plugs and R8 coils changed at 40,000. New tires a few months ago. Should I be thinking brakes? Carbon cleaning? How hard are those elevations (14,000 ft above sea level) going to be on the...
  10. Phur

CEL + quieter exhaust? Ideas?

I’m on Tapatalk so searching is pretty pointless. It seems to be running smooth, just oddly quiet. I’m at 66k. Exhaust is stock and unmolested. Ideas? It seems too early to be the cat. I’m working 7 days a week on nights plus college full time. It makes it difficult to get anything looked at...
  11. Phur

What to do about the neighbor’s cat climbing on my car?

Seriously... it feels like all I can do is get pissed. [emoji17] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. Phur

Happy Halloween everyone!

Yeah, yeah, it’s a few days early. I just got my pumpkin done though. I was thinking about putting a VW emblem above it but decided against it. I think I’m going to have to after all to allow the candle to breathe. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. Phur

Ferrari powered Toyota 86?!?

https://youtu.be/obUnEqsTmLg [emoji15] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. Phur

Behold... the "bier bus"

I just happened upon this today and had to turn around. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. Phur

93 octane in Westchester county NY?

Just doing a bit of research on the area... pondering a change. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. Phur

DSG fluid opinions?

I'm currently on the old APR stage one with approaching 40k miles. I'm looking to reflash to the high torque stage 1. My question is, are there any stand out DSG fluids out there for tuned engines? Is it necessary to step up to one? What are the possible benefits? Is a billet filter housing...
  17. Phur

Coil pack life expectancy on 2.5?

I know, it's mkv, but I have a lot more experience here and felt like you could help. Also, if replaced, I plan on buying 4 R8's and one standard OEM. My GTI will get the R8's and I can donate my 30,000 mile coils + 1 to my wife's Jetta. The car is an 06 Jetta with ~ 120,000 miles. They were...
  18. Phur

Continental dws 06 feedback? Cyber Monday!!!

Cyber Monday!!! Are they good??? https://m.pepboys.com/tires/details/Continental/ExtremeContact%2520DWS06/1281051/00214/2013/VOLKSWAGEN/GTI/0/4-1984%25202.0L%2520DOHC/2WD/1 I was originally looking at the BFGoodrich gforce comp2 a/s because by looking at the standings on tire rack, how can you...
  19. Phur

Pep boys deal on continental dws 06

Cyber Monday!!! Are they good??? https://m.pepboys.com/tires/details/Continental/ExtremeContact%2520DWS06/1281051/00214/2013/VOLKSWAGEN/GTI/0/4-1984%25202.0L%2520DOHC/2WD/1 I was originally looking at the BFGoodrich gforce comp2 a/s because by looking at the standings on tire rack, how can you...
  20. Phur

Is there room for four mounted tires?

I'm in need of tires soon and sort of lobbying for winter tires instead of all seasons. I'm trying to get an idea of how big of a pain in the ass it would be to transport them to the facility. Also is there room for wheels and tires unmounted for the initial trip? Sent from my iPhone using...