GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Tony48

Tony's Black GTI

Yeah I ordered from AliExpress and got the forge branded one. I don't recall replacing it but I think it was straight forward. Just took a good look at what was going on and took it apart.
  2. Tony48

Tony's Black GTI

Neck is easy. Can all be done from the engine bay. If you want to replace the whole reservoir you will need to pull the front bumper.
  3. Tony48

Tony's Black GTI

Haha thanks! It was mostly inspired by Cole2999 who took his front seat out for road trip storage space. I whipped the platform up the morning before I left with stuff I had lying around the garage. Turns out some old subframe bolts (I think that's what they were) that I had lying around were...
  4. Tony48

Tony's Black GTI

Oh, and I almost forgot -- I finally had the time to powder coat my OZ Ultraleggera's! I think they look great and it's awesome to have a full powder coat setup in the garage now. The wheels are up on the shelf in storage for the winter. In the spring I'll buy my first set of summer tires and...
  5. Tony48

Tony's Black GTI

What's up guys! Been a couple months since I've been on the forum. I quit my job and had a few weeks before starting a new job so I took a solo road trip through the Southern Appalachians. Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, Tennessee, South Carolina, Georgia, Shenandoah...
  6. Tony48

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

Thanks for the quick response! That's him!
  7. Tony48

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

Anyone remember the username of the guy who did a big road trip in his gti earlier this year? IIRC he had a whole thread dedicated to it and shared a bunch of pics and info on his route. I'm trying to steal some car setup ideas from him for an upcoming shorter trip...particularly his in-car...
  8. Tony48

What did you do to your MK6 today?

You will be. The lower control arm bushings are what will make the difference. They got rid of wheel hop for me which was amazing. After installing them try flooring it at low speeds (turn off traction control). The wheel spin will make you giggle.
  9. Tony48

Picture request - Golf GTI with Golf R Grill

For anyone interested here's an album of pics that shows some of the work that was done to make my lower "bar-style" grille. You have to scroll through some bumper disassembly pics. Essentially I cut the entire grille section out of the GTI grille to leave only the frame. Bought a base golf...
  10. Tony48

Bonnet latch not working

My lever was getting hard to pull also and it was to the point I was worried about something breaking. I pulled out the cables that run under the front headlight support/front cowl and cleaned/lubed them. They were dirty and gummy. Been years since I did that and it's working fine.
  11. Tony48

Picture request - Golf GTI with Golf R Grill

Replica R grille without the badge. And I did a custom lower grille to match (deletes the honeycomb). IMG_20170407_083358 by tonyg37, on Flickr IMG_20191129_160911 by Tony G, on Flickr IMG_20200505_190755 by Tony G, on Flickr
  12. Tony48

Maybe pull the fuse for the fans while flashing? Don't know if that's a valid option or not but something to look into.
  13. Tony48

2011 GTI with Check engine light needs help (P2015, U102F, U1030, P030x)

As stated previously, P2015 means you need a new intake manifold. Should be covered by VW dealer for free under the extended warranty. Tell them you want to pay the additional labor to carbon clean the intake valves. Should be 1-2hrs of labor @ dealership labor rates of ~$85-100/hr. I can...
  14. Tony48

Awful grinding. Starter or flywheel.

Hmm, I wonder why the flywheel teeth got chewed up. Your old starter motor gear looks like only part of the gear was engaging the teeth (outer third of the gear teeth is shiny). Maybe the starter motor is not fully engaging/disengaging? You should make sure that's sorted before installing the...
  15. Tony48

Awful grinding. Starter or flywheel.

First two things that jump to mind: -Clutch welded itself together so it is not disengaging. When the starter motor turns on it is unable to spin the flywheel and makes that grinding noise. -Flywheel teeth torn up. I'd start by pulling the starter motor and inspecting it. Look at the...
  16. Tony48

Planing a clutch and rear main seal DIY

The tool is $20... And yes, the OEM RMS was revised so that the lip faces the other way. This revision happened after the IABED RMS had been out for awhile. The revised version means oil pressure presses the seal onto the crankshaft rather than just blowing out the RMS. It is a better design...
  17. Tony48

Do ittttttttt :devilish: Except go all in and powder coat. Mine are going to get powder coated whenever I get some damn time...and after I powder coat the OZ's. IMG_20180318_181052 by tonyg37, on Flickr
  18. Tony48

K04 or not?

If you have a healthy, well maintained engine my opinion is go for K04 at any mileage. I went K04 at 126k and am currently at 154k. Completely transformed the car for me. I plan on keeping this car until it is for some reason destroyed and I see no reason why I will not make it to and beyond...
  19. Tony48

What do you mean, that caliper is fine :ROFLMAO: I'm also in the club of requiring a rear to front switch if I get a flat front tire due to some questionable brake caliper clearance :rolleyes:. I actually have plenty of clearance with my OZ's but had a rear tire blow out on that set of wheels...