GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. A

Name that part

Excellent photos, OP! Just had this happen to a VW Beetle Turbo (2013).
  2. A

removing upholstery from rear sear back?

Hi Jay745, Sorry, I only just now saw your reply. Are the GTI rear seats still available? What year GTI are they from? Thanks in advance, -Ted
  3. A

removing upholstery from rear sear back?

Had a chemical container spill inside my rear hatch which soaked into the fabric on the rear seats. I've removed the rear seats, but am struggling to figure out how to remove the rear fabric panel. I've actually got access to the ErWin manual for this 2014 GTI, but it's quite vague. Are...
  4. A

car wax that dries non-white? (white is impossible to see on white GTI)

I love waxing my car, but...the car waxes I've tried dry to a white color that is identical to the Candy White on my 2014 GTI. So I'm always paranoid I've missed a spot and the excess unscrubbed off wax will cook into the paint when I park in the sun. Any suggestions for a wax which dries to a...
  5. A

can high speed driving cause O2 sensor MIL errors? P3266 - 000 - Internal Resistance Implausible - Intermittent

Lots of good advice, thanks! I have a few follow-up questions, if you don't mind. I'm having a bit of trouble finding an online source for Loctite 767 Assembly paste. Do you know of a source? I do have a container of Napa copper anti-seize https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/PTX7651980 that...
  6. A

can high speed driving cause O2 sensor MIL errors? P3266 - 000 - Internal Resistance Implausible - Intermittent

Thanks for the detailed reply, GIACUser, much appreciated! I especially appreciate your insightful reply to Q#5. My car is not modified, but I'm pretty sure it's constantly running boost. As I tell my wife, "I paid for 200 horses, and I'm going to make use of all of them". Constantly in S...
  7. A

2014 GTI, DSG, 47,000 miles Been on a few high speed runs (110mph) and now I'm getting intermittent O2 sensor errors which triggered the MIL light. Here's the snippet from VCDS with the error detail: Q#1: can high speed driving (110 mph) cause this, or is it just a random coincidence? Q#2...
  8. A

rear bias significantly reduced after replacing front brakes? (Front of car now slightly pitches down under hard braking)

2014 GTI, DSG, 50,000 miles. Replaced front brake pads & rotors with factory OEM yesterday (parts from local VW service counter), and notice that now the rear braking-first bias seems significantly reduced :-( In other words, the car used to nicely hunker down (rear squats a bit during hard...
  9. A

Any ideas where I can find a RCD 310 head unit (basic radio + CD player)?

I hadn't, but when I tried just now they didn't have any RCD310's. Thanks for the suggestion though.
  10. A

Update: I found one on eBay. Turns out no one lists "RCD310" in their eBay description, they just use generic adjectives (eg, "2019 VW Jetta CD player".
  11. A

Any suggestions on where I can find a RCD 310? ---- cut here for more details ---- I've got a 2014 mk6 GTI (Wolfsberg edition) with just a basic RCD 310 (no backup camera, but it does have a CD player). It works great for my purposes except... it has stopped ejecting CD's consistently (need...
  12. A

are these really the same air filter? (Odd VW OEM part number discrepancy)

2014 mk6 GTI. Went to the dealer for a engine new filter. Gave them my VIN. The engine air filter looks like my old one, but... the part number is different by 4 digits! Current engine air filter part number (stamped on filter); 1K0 129 620 D Engine air filter part number on new filter...
  13. A

Schwaben Power Bleeder Leaking During Brake Flush

Had the same experience today (mk6 2015 GTI). Was extremely difficult to thread the Schwaben cap onto the brake reservoir, and it leaked massively above 5psi. I noticed the rubber gasket in the Schwaben cap is extremely thick, so I removed it just to check the thread fit. With no rubber...
  14. A

MK6 Golf/GTI Wiring Diagrams & Component Locations

FYI, these manuals are available from https://erwin.vw.com/erwin/showHome.do It costs $35/day, but you can download all the manuals as .pdf's so one day's login is all that is needed.
  15. A

door mounted puddle lights with VW logo?

Cool, thanks for the link to the wiring harnesses!
  16. A

Thanks for the links! Unfortunately they all seem to come without the wiring harness, just the light itself. I contacted one of the vendors (the etsy one), and he confirmed that it's just the light he's offering, no wiring harness. Any thoughts on where I can get the wiring harnesses...
  17. A

Good idea! Unfortunately, they don't appear to have them either.
  18. A

Any suggestions where I can purchase door-mounted puddle projector lights with the VW logo for a 4-door mk6? There used to be tons of sellers on ebay, but now I can't find any. Thanks in advance!
  19. A

VCDS, direct acceleration - throttle response - is this possible in mk6 (2.0 TSI)?

2014 GTI, DSG I'm trying to make the VCDS change to change the behavior of the throttle, but the "switch driving profile" option doesn't appear to exist. The instructions I have are: " go to the modules menu, click on Steering Assist (42) -> Click on Security Access -> Enter or select code...