GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. JSwag420

2012 GTI with 74,000 miles (South Florida)

I'm selling my 2012 GTI with 74,000 miles. My interior is immaculate and still looks new. I'm selling it because I've just upgraded to a 2020 Supra. I'm including everything such as the Apple Carplay headunit and Cobb AP. Here is the AutoTrader link...
  2. JSwag420

Neuspeed 2.0T TSI P-Flo Air Intake

SOLD! $115 (shipping included, U.S. only) Since my commute to school is much greater now, I decided to part ways with my Neuspeed P-Flo intake that was on my 2012 GTI. I replaced it with another virtually silent enclosed air intake. The intake was on my car for roughly 6 months (around 2,500...
  3. JSwag420

Timing Chain Tensioner Defect Case (Settlement)

https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/lawsuit-news/846065-vw-will-reimburse-drivers-faulty-engine-class-action-settlement/ Has anybody else seen this? Apparently, anybody involved in the class action lawsuit to receive compensation for their motors blowing (due to the tensioner) will...
  4. JSwag420

Automatic Headlight Switch + Censor Problems

I recently installed the Euro automatic headlight switch and censor and I have a few issues. My first issue is when the headlights come on automatically, the parking lights come on too. The headlights are on, LED DRLS, AND the parking lights (which I don't want). How can I disable this...
  5. JSwag420

Stage 1 drivers, does your car jerk horribly during high boost upshifts?

Ever since going from stock to a Statified Tune and intake, if I go from a light to a medium high throttle quickly, the car throws myself and my passengers forward in the seat horribly during upshifts. It almost feels like the car loses all power for a split second during the upshift. It's...
  6. JSwag420

Water pump failing + Timing cover seal leak at 50k miles

My 6 year old GTI is out of the powertrain warranty even though I'm at 50k miles. I found out my water pump is leaking coolant and is on its way out. My timing cover upper seal and potentially my lower seal is leaking as well. It's spewing oil all down the engine, onto the turbo, on the DV, and...
  7. JSwag420

Where can I find this anti-slip rubber pad?

I remember back in the day seeing many photos of a rubber pad that would lay behind the shift knob on top of that little door that opens and closes. Does anybody know what that is called or where I can find it on eBay? I can't seem to find it anywhere. To clarify where it sits, here is a...
  8. JSwag420

DSG jerky upshifts after ECU tune

Fellow ECU tuned GTIs (DSG), does your car jerk between upshifts under heavy acceleration? I noticed ever since I did a Stratified ECU tune, if I'm giving my GTI heavy acceleration, the car will jerk harshly when it upshifts. Normal acceleration is a smooth as butter. When I flash back to "Stage...
  9. JSwag420

Wrapping intake heat-shield in foil

To those with the Neuspeed P-Flo, did you wrap the metal intake heat-shield with that gold/silver heat reflectant foil? Today I touched it after a drive and the damn thing is so hot I could probably cook an egg on it. Is the air I'm sucking in this hot too?
  10. JSwag420

Exhaust Tip Sizing Question

I'm looking to have my OEM exhaust tips cut off to be replaced with 4" stainless steel exhaust tips. I believe the inlet is 2.5" (correct me if I'm wrong). If the original tips are cut off, would there be enough room left to have new tips welded on? I'm looking at this style tip where I can...
  11. JSwag420

Stock Exhaust Muffler is Slanted

I recently noticed my left (drivers side) exhaust tip is hanging lower than the right. I'm able to put my fingers between the top of the tip and the diffuser where it stops at my knuckle and on the left tip I can stick my hole hand between there without it stopping at my knuckle. I did a brief...
  12. JSwag420

What's in my drivers seat rail?

For nearly a year now, everytime I accelerate, I hear something slide then ding on the left seat rail of the driver's seat. I could always see the corner of a penny deep below the rail and thought that was the culprit. After months of many attempts and many tools to remove it, I finally one day...
  13. JSwag420

To those with the Neuspeed P-Flo, what are your thoughts on it?

I installed a Neuspeed P-Flo air intake recently and I've been very on edge about it. Even with an ECU tune, it still feels like I've lost a lot of low-end torque. When I'm driving in D and I really step on it, I feel like it hesitates more than it would have with the stock airbox. I'm also very...
  14. JSwag420

How would I go about installing H7 LED's into Spyder headlights?

Ever since I swapped my OEM halogens for Spyder's, the yellow H7 bulb and the white LED DRL combo never sat well with me. How do I go about installing H7 LED bulbs into the projector housings? On Spyder headlights, the bulbs are held in place with a metal retainer clip, then the wiring is...
  15. JSwag420

Will the Pierburg Piston DV (Rev D) stop the squealing caused by my intake and tune?

I recently installed a Neuspeed P-Flo Air Intake and a Stratified ECU Tune and the screaming sound has become unbearable. I know the GFB DV+ will take care of this issue, but it's pretty pricey for what it is. Some say the Rev D will take care of this issue, and some say it won't. To those...
  16. JSwag420

Anybody have experience with replica Detroits?

When I first got my GTI, I curbed two of my wheels pretty good on the edges. I'm one of those people that love the look of Detroits espeically when they're clean and polished. Would it be stupid to buy a replica Detroit? They look 100% identical to the OEM ones and most of these websites that...
  17. JSwag420

Does my "shutdown sequence" sound normal?

LINK TO AUDIO CLIP https://youtu.be/IHOTcmDUkF0 Today I was cleaning my car w/ the garage closed and it was very quiet. I do know that when you shut off the car/aux power, the car has a shutdown seqence of different noises that come from the engine bay. Today I had my hood open when I did this...
  18. JSwag420

No APR sale this winter?

Doesn't APR usually start their winter sale on the last few days of November? Was looking forward to it! :(
  19. JSwag420

Has anybody had their plaid seats reupholstered?

My drivers seat on my 2012 GTI w/ 50,000 miles looks horrid. It's as clean as it came new, however, the seat is so faded the print is hardly visible. It's almost entirely gray. The passenger seat on the other hand still looks like it did the day the car came out of the showroom. Is it possible...
  20. JSwag420

What error free license plate bulbs do you have?

I bought LED lights to replace my license plate lights with and the first set I bought on Amazon gave me a bulb out error. I returned those and then bought another set that "guranteed to be error free". Just like the others, they give a bulb out error on the dash. What LED license plate bulbs do...