GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. gtimk6spd

P0302 back again, at a loss as to why.

I've had this code before, and pretty much ever since I went Stage 2 APR (I think that's when it presented). Usually happens at 6k+ RPM, but also happens sitting at 4k RPM in 3rd for example. CEL flashes and usually stays. Occasionally it sounds like 1 cylinder isn't firing (sounds like a...
  2. gtimk6spd

Down to one working speaker, need advice.

Since I bought the car a little over a year ago the speakers have died out. I now have my rear left speaker working and that is it. Looking around I see that a spacer is needed if putting in aftermarket speakers (at least for the front doors, rear I don't know). I also see a ton of speakers...
  3. gtimk6spd

Using a VCDS?

I am borrowing my brothers VCDS and finally have a laptop to use in the car. I just don't know what I am doing with it. I want to see if I can find any problems that may be causing my P0302 code that likes to pop up (among the occasional other codes). It hasn't come around in a month or two, but...
  4. gtimk6spd

EPC and P0302 (maybe P0299)

I have had a P0302 come on here and there for most of this year. I can't figure out the issue for the life of me. I have tried new plugs and coils and that did nothing. Around 10k miles ago I had my intake manifold replaced and the VW dealer said there really wasn't any carbon buildup. I asked...
  5. gtimk6spd

P0302 is back

I'm getting the P0302 code again. I had it about 6 months ago and then it went away. It's back though and it usually comes on around 6k rpm or higher. Today it came on when I was sitting at the drag strip with launch control around 2,300 RPM. I'm really not sure what it could be. I've swapped...
  6. gtimk6spd

Airbag warning.

I have an airbag warning light right now in the center display between the clusters. It says "Error: Airbag" and I'm pretty sure it's because I drove 3,000 miles with no passenger seat. But I thought when I put the seat back in this would go away. I was foolish it seems. Is this an issue for...
  7. gtimk6spd

Stage 2 vs Infinity Q??

Slowly rolled away from the light in 1st, went to 2nd not planning to race and the Infiniti next to me is going for it. I floor it in 2nd and then 3rd but clearly lose. I let off early in 4th because I didn't really need to keep losing haha. I hope it's not the 208 hp 2.0T, think it was the 300...
  8. gtimk6spd

Andromeda

So I finally joined the GTI world about a week ago. The car is a 2010 Candy White 2 Door 6 speed with roughly 32,000 miles on it. It came with a APR Carbonio Stage 1 and was otherwise stock. The dealership told me it had a Stage 1 tune on it, but after more research I've concluded this is not...
  9. gtimk6spd

How do I know if my car has a tune?

I just purchased a 2010 GTI which already has an APR intake. I was told the car had a Stage 1 tune, though that's all the information I got (from the dealer). I only have my brothers MK5 with a Stage 2 Uni setup to compare to. So obviously his is faster than mine, I just don't know how to figure...