GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

Stock Headlight Lamp Replacement

I just had a low beam lamp burnout. I have the stock headlights that came with my 2010 GTI. There is a lot of discussion here on replacement headlight assemblies; but I have not seen much (searching here) on actual DIY replacement of just the lamps. Can you actually replace a low-beam lamp...
  2. G

Extreme or Normal Tire Wear?

Will apologize ahead for the long post.Frustrated Engineer... Bought a 2010 Mk6 GTI in May of 2017 For a Daily Driver. ~30+ miles a day. Stock wheels. Came with 225R40R18 Bridgestone Potenzas (UTQG=480) on it. Changed to General Altimax Arctic 12's for winter after 5206 miles. Potenzas awful in...
  3. G

Care of Stock Alloy 18" Wheels

I have a 2010 GTI with the stock 18" wheels (just like in the forum picture above) Couple questions: After hitting the curb parking a few times (I have to park on the street) - how do I smooth out the abrasions? I am noticing some chipping/bubbling of the "finish". - What kind of a finish or...
  4. G

OK - Is it an "MK6" or a "Mark 6"?

As a newcomer to the GTI market (Haven't had a VW since my 1968 Squareback), is the model type pronounced "Em Kay" 6 (as my son insists), or is it said Mark 6? Don't want to start a war (and I know wars have been started for less) - Mainly curious...