GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. P

Jumping timing, FML

Two days ago, I went to start Cirilla and there was some weird noises coming from under the hood. The car wouldn't catch and there was a clunking noise that I did not like. The check engine light had come on the night before but she was running fine. I plugged in the OBD2 scanner and the...
  2. P

Anyone else doing the Keto Diet?

This. I tweaked my back dancing like a drunk asshole at a wedding last year and it didn’t hit me until 3 days later when it locked up. Urgent care sent me away with muscle relaxers but I went to my chiro instead and he set me straight. I was really sore for a couple of days but fully recovered.
  3. P

Yikes! You should get that looked at ASAP. Don’t mess around with your back.
  4. P

I do this, I usually don’t eat until noon, consuming all of my calories between noon and 20:00. The only thing I have is black coffee, except on one or two days I have some bulletproof coffee in the mornings.
  5. P

How do you spend your time in the gym? I know you're looking to lean out prior to flight school but are you looking to increase lean mass at the same time or just lose fat and maintain? I would suggest making POST workout meals as lean as possible, sticking with low-fat meals just after...
  6. P

That looks delicious. Want to know a bacon trick? Put that shit in the oven. Preheat oven to 425. Cover bottom of flat sheet pan with tin foil. Place bacon on tin foil. Put in pre-heated oven for 15 minutes. Try it, it changed my bacon-cooking habits forever.
  7. P

Have you gone to the gym? If you go to the gym and log your calories burned, then MFP will tell you to eat those calories as well. Don’t do it, it’ll be too much. Have you calculated your calorie and macro needs? https://www.ruled.me/keto-calculator/ is a great place to start. Once you have...
  8. P

Cutting out the junk food was great, but the soda is the bread and butter so to speak. That stuff is deadly, good for you on breaking that habit! The first weight you shed is water that’s stored with glycogen in your muscles, if I remember correctly. Your first two weeks will be super exciting...
  9. P

It does! You can set your own custom goals and change your macro ratios (super helpful) and it has a barcode scanner and everything. My only warning about that app is that some times the calories are WAY off for a food. So look at two or three of the suggestions and think rationally before...
  10. P

I'm down 3 pounds since last week (friday), 6/7 pounds down since last Sunday but I am normally only in maintenance mode. I don't really have excess weight to lose usually so I use it to lower body fat percentage while keeping lean muscle mass, as well as for the better concentration and focus...
  11. P

I'm getting pretty good at eyeballing portions and such as well. I don't use my scale nearly as much as I used to.
  12. P

I really only had to track foods, count calories and carbs and stuff for a couple of weeks. By that point, I knew what vegetables and foods are made up of what macros and I can swing it pretty well in my head. I only track on really busy days or really lazy days that I can't be assed to do...
  13. P

Oh man I’m jealous! Flight school!!
  14. P

I brought it up because of the Monster and probably crystal light? Both of those use sweeteners. And you need full fat versions of EVERYTHING. Real butter, heavy cream,full fat mozzarella/cheese, normal Ranch dressing. Anything "lite" or "skim" usually has reduced fats and increased carbs...
  15. P

Eggs are fucking great, dude. If you buy bone-in, skin-on chicken you’ll get higher fat content and juicier meat, not to mention it’s cheaper. Top round steak sliced and tossed into a cast iron pan with melted butter and sliced onions with salt and pepper sounds pretty pimp to me.
  16. P

Also be judicial with your artificial sweetener intake. There’s new studies showing that even though it doesn’t have “carbs” and may be zero calorie, out bodies will respond as though we were eating sugar and it may hinder fat loss.
  17. P

That looks pretty good! I go to my local butcher and get chicken and beef if I’m cooking that day. If I’m meal prepping days in advance I go to WEGMANS and get family packs and freeze what I don’t use. Buying in bulk is great, but I can’t buy chicken at BJs - i did once but it wasn’t really...
  18. P

Ha, that site is pretty great
  19. P

https://www.ruled.me/keto-recipes/ I used that as a basis for my entire keto cooking method. It's got a lot of great base recipes you can jazz up or change to fit your tastes, gives you great ideas on how to put together a keto meal, as well as being a good resource for things that you should...
  20. P

I made "cookie dough" fat bombs early this year. I had to forget the recipe though because I accidentally ate half of the batch in an entire sitting... So I don't make fat bombs anymore since I have the willpower of a 2 year old sometimes.