GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. JW with a VW

Headliner replacement...$700...fair?

Tell me your thoughts. After sitting in the garage for 3 months...thank you COVID, I decided to pull her out for a bath and drive...only to look in the rear view and see the dreaded sag... 😔 Guy quoted $700 for liner and moonroof (to keep colors matching). Too much? Thanks in advance!
  2. JW with a VW

MK6 Intercooler...yes or no?

Thinking about this lately...is this difficult to install and is the investment worth it from a power, durability and increased performance perspective? Thanks in advance!
  3. JW with a VW

Got the itch for new rims...

Saw these and I really like them...thoughts? I currently have the Audi A4s on my car: They are 18x8.5 45mm offset (35mm + 10mm spacer). These new rims are 51mm offset...so that means they will tuck in a lil more and have less "bump" (since I will have to remove the spacers). Is that...
  4. JW with a VW

Mod time...yay or nay?

High Flow Turbo Outlet Pipe Kit - With Turbo Muffler Delete (replace the pancake pipe) And High Flow Throttle Pipe. Pulled the trigger on the IE DSG tune...they offer a military discount, too, so that sealed the deal for me. This I know will help, but what are your honest thoughts on the two...
  5. JW with a VW

Timing chain - Before and After

Before... After 😎
  6. JW with a VW

PC Terms for getting old...have fun!

Politically Correct terms for those of us getting up there in age...lol. Share yours! Slippers = House Shoes Gray hair = Platinum Highlights Bifocals = Readers 🧓
  7. JW with a VW

Replacing battery...need to do anything?

Ok so another dumb question...came home and my battery was dead combo of not driving it for months ((thank you COVID) and age...battery was 5 years old...so I decided to just go ahead and pick up a new one today. Now...the car battery has been dead for a while I imagine, and when I picked up the...
  8. JW with a VW

Fordwagen?!?

9. JW with a VW

P0606 caused by loose ground terminal?

the fun never ends...got my car back from the shop that fixed the front right fender after my daughter hit the zero button on my air suspension on the hwy (looks beautiful btw). Driving for a week and all the sudden I throw a P0606 (ECM). Now, I remember when I picked it up, the guy said my...
  10. JW with a VW

Well this sucks...

Guess what happens when you're driving down the hwy and one of the children decides to hit the ZERO button on your air suspension controller... Guess I'll go ahead and get all the fenders rolled now... Need a fender well cover...thank goodness no one was hurt. I heard the air and quickly...
  11. JW with a VW

So I called VW of America...

Turns out my 2010 is still covered until Apr 23 20 for the following: Intake Manifold (Already done) Fuel Injectors Timing chain and tensioner (yes!) Coolant Pump (Already done) Sooo...I have an appt Thurs at the dealership. Has anyone gone this route? What should I expect? Will my tune and...
  12. JW with a VW

Ready to purchase...should i do it?

IE VW Mk6 GTI DSG TCU Tune (DQ250 Will order tonight unless yall tell me why I shouldn't! Thanks!
  13. JW with a VW

How do I post a vid for yall to see/diagnose?

Steering creaks when I turn it. Have a vid for y'all to see and hear it, but the site won't allow me to post. I've seen others post vids...how? Thanks!
  14. JW with a VW

Anyone have experience with Eurofed?

https://eurofedautomotive.com/volkswagen-services-and-repairs/ Good shop?
  15. JW with a VW

Measuring block 032 analysis help

Soooo...does this mean I'm running lean? Bigger issue? Help!
  16. JW with a VW

Help with analyzing log data...please.

I have a Cobb Access Port and know how to log and download to Excel, but I am looking for help in analyzing the data. I get a lean code from time to time and would like to review the log to see if anything raises an eyebrow ?, but wouldn't know what to review. If you can help, I would be very...
  17. JW with a VW

Hawk? EBC? StopTech? Other? What do you use and why?

No track time for me, but I do tend to have a heavy foot and test the limits of corners in town and on the back roads. Want low dust, no noise, good stopping...the usual suspects. Running stock rotors (will replace with pads) and standard brake lines...braided coming soon. I'm thinking Hawks...
  18. JW with a VW

Blasphemy? Replaced "reds" with Intermotor coils

So I decided to go ahead and replace my R8 coil packs with Intermotor ones. They had about 40k miles on em, so I thought I'd go ahead and replace with the new plugs. Feel free to chastise me, but I did a lot of research on the Poland-based manufacturer that makes these and I gotta say, I was...
  19. JW with a VW

Window covers...Yes? No? Why or why not?

Thoughts? I'm on the fence... Peeps seem to like Well, but I know there are lots to choose from. I may just do the one in front of the moon roof, but... Open to your opinions. Thanks!