GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Timothy Bryce

P0302 & CEL when idling

So my new engine has almost 2000 miles on it. I was stage 1 from 0 to 1000 and then had a downpipe and stage 2 at the 1000 mile inspection. So far it's been an absolute champ. Today (the coldest of the year so far) I took the good lady out for a drive (that's my wife, I'm not referring to the...
  2. Timothy Bryce

Colour Coding Front Bumper Insert

Seriously considering buying a genuine front bumper insert and having it colour coded; looking through CW thread and I'm thinking it's something I want to do. So assuming I have a new insert, painted, in my hands ready to go, how hard is the swap? I've had the bumper off a million times and I'm...
  3. Timothy Bryce

Picture request - Golf GTI with Golf R Grill

I currently have an all black GTI grill which I like very much but still includes the GTI badge. I'm considering swapping it for a Golf R grill but it's quite an investment if I don't like how it looks. To anyone who has this; does it make the car look too non-GTI in your opinion? Or does it...
  4. Timothy Bryce

Stage 2 on standard clutch

Sorry, I know this has been done to death and it's entirely dependent on how you drive but just after some experiences.... As some will know I've just had a recon / new engine fitted with brand new clutch and flywheel (I believe is a standard, non-VW but Sachs performance) but don't have any...
  5. Timothy Bryce

Engine Cover Insulation

The underside of my engine cover has some kind of sound deadening material / insulation (Not the hood liner, the actual plastic cover that sits over the cams) One of the clips on my cover is broken so I ordered a new cover from ebay. The seller (presumably a breaker yard) sent one without any...
  6. Timothy Bryce

Solid shifter bushings; anyone reverted to stock?

After fitting some 034 motor and trans mounts I noticed an improvement in shifting accuracy and decided to have a look at the bushing upgrades. I fitted an APR solid cable bracket first as I got it half price; didn't expect much but it instantly tightened up my shifts. I've since fitted the S3...
  7. Timothy Bryce

ECU learning after disconnecting battery

So about a month ago I had my battery disconnected for about an hour while I fitted new 034 engine and gearbox mounts. The first few drives after the car felt a bit flat; not stock flat (It's Revo stage 1 set for 98 octane fuel) but not as it should have been; obviously with the exception that...
  8. Timothy Bryce

Question for anyone who's replaced their Side To Side Gear Linkage / relay lever?..

So I just fitted an S3 shifter and APR solid bracket (just for the sake of it as I got it half price) and while I was in there decided that the plastic side to side linkage is going to have to go! The friction piece has almost worn down to nothing and there's a ton of slop in the whole assembly...
  9. Timothy Bryce

Engine replacement - Opinions?

Having to consider the possibility that I might need new rings and pistons; and that this might not even be possible as my engine is already reconditioned, I'm faced with the following dilemma. I've found one company with a very good reputation offering 'refreshed' bare engines with latest spec...
  10. Timothy Bryce

Charcoal Canister and P0441 code

I need to try and eliminate my P0441 code and have been advised that typically this will require the evap valve replacing along with the Charcoal canister. I've always generally tried to stick with genuine parts wherever possible but I'm really struggling to justify the price of the canister...
  11. Timothy Bryce

Misfire and Cylinders filled with oil

So I guess my engine may be borked! I decided to take the car (2010 gti) to a local indie (as they have German car experience?!) to diagnose high oil consumption (about 1 litre per 600 miles) and a misfire when hot. The car runs fantastically to be honest but has been a bit thirsty. I only even...
  12. Timothy Bryce

Aftermarket LED Tail Lights

My car is already fitted with the factory LED tail lights; standard GTI, not smoked. I need to replace the right hand side outer and inner. the outer has condensation and both are quite badly scratched (compared to the left). Does anyone know of any aftermarket options or am I going to have to...
  13. Timothy Bryce

Front Bumper Reinforcement Bar removal

Hi, Does anyone have any experience of removing the Front Bumper Reinforcement Bar? I've seen a few videos of fmic upgrades where people tend to take the whole front end off (after removing bumper and lights) but I'm not certain on what is connected to what and what's being supported by what...