GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. FLvDub

Xenon replacement

So my son's buddy backed into my MK6 and I'm looking for solutions for repair. The lights work fine, it's just the outer casing that's damaged. Both casings really could use replacement due to the FL sun, but I'd much rather swap out for something non-Xenon. Is that even possible? I've seen...
  2. FLvDub

2013 GTI Alternator

Update...luckily it was the pulley and the alt was fine. Thanks all for the help! Next up...lowering and maybe Stage 1!
  3. FLvDub

2013 GTI Alternator

Thanks for the link! I'll make sure they try that as well.
  4. FLvDub

2013 GTI Alternator

Great, thanks! 78k miles, but I don't know if it's the original unit or not. I'll have him test it and update with results. Thanks again!
  5. FLvDub

2013 GTI Alternator

Thanks csumt76. So I had to replace the battery and the new one seems to struggle sometimes on start. Maybe it's just the pulley? I'm attaching a video link the tech sent of the sound it's making. (he didn't shoot much) Sorry, I'm a video guy and know enough about this to be dangerous! :cool:
  6. FLvDub

2013 GTI Alternator

Hi all...new to the group! I just purchased a 2013 Autobahn and I think I need to replace the alternator and pulley, but there seems to be like 5 different option and a pretty big price difference. How do I know which model mine is supposed to have? Is there a way to search it by VIN? The...