GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Jever

Major tranny work at 30k! 6MT

So 4th gear starts to grind when I shift into it, and it kept getting worse so I take it in. The dealer confirms and they droped the trannny the other day and cracked it open. they are going to be replacing 4th syncro and a few other things. Sure is unsettling to see what happens after the...
  2. Jever

Thermostat issue? Temp gauge going backward!

When I am first warming the car up the temp gauge will go backwards with the heat on even on level 2 or 3 if I come to a stop light etc. When I get going again it will continue to warm back up is this normal?
  3. Jever

oil smell in cab

If I go for a drive and shut down the car like to go into a restaurant and come back out about a half hour later I get a oil/fuel smell inside the cab from the vents. It lasts for about a minute or two and goes away. This has got me a little worried. Anyone know what the issue could be?
  4. Jever

VW service advisor blowing smoke!

My service advisor, I use the term lightly with this guy. Saying my brakes will last 100k the oil is totally ok for more than 10k and I dont need to change the air filter untill 60k... I changed the air filter today after 18k I havnt changed the oil since 10k car is feeling like it is trying...
  5. Jever

speed limited to 122?!

This seems pretty low considering most cars are limited to 155 these days... The car wont go past 121-122 MPH fifth gear, sixth gear dosnt matter. Even a civic Si can do 134 (gearing limited)
  6. Jever

Most miles on MK6 GTI?

So what are your guy's odometers reading? Mines at 15.5k Purchased march 2010.
  7. Jever

car wont go past 121 MPH!

My 2010 MK6 wont go past a indicated 123 on the spedo, 121 on the electric MFI one, up hill, down hill, no matter what it just wont. It like hits a wall. I have felt limiters in other cars like my 05 STi and when it hits the fuel cuts off and you slow down to like 150 then back up again but this...