GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

Broken exhaust manifold bolt: ignore or fix?

Is there a good chance the exhaust is not leaking when the last stud/bolt is missing? I can’t see any carbon deposit that would show an exhaust leak (not sure if that would actually happen like that either). More background: - new-to-me engine not installed but “was running” according to...
  2. M

How much screwed am I?

2012 GTI with CBFA engine. Engine threw a rod a few months ago. I decided to get a CBFA replacement engine off eBay. I did the timing chains, cleaned up the intake ports (jeez.... much harder than expected! Invest in a walnut blasting equipment! don't waste your time with anything else!)...
  3. M

Engine replacement: do’s and don’t’s?

2012 autobahn GTI (CBFA engine). Engine threw a rod, block is cracked. Body has 120K miles. Got a used engine of the same type from a CC with roughly same mileage. What would you do to the engine before installing it? Dead engine was drinking oil like there is no tomorrow (which, I have...
  4. M

2012 GTI Engine replacement: What to do at the same time?

I am DIY'ing an engine replacement on my 2012 GTI w/DSC gearbox. While I've been DIY'ing everything for many year, replacing an engine will be a first for me. The replacement engine is similar mileage to the one that died (~120K miles). I'd like to know if there is a good pointer to: - What...
  5. M

Engine replacement source and do’s/dont’s?

2012 autobahn GTI (CBFA engine). Engine threw a rod, block is cracked. Body has 120K miles. Thinking about getting a < 120K mile engine. Where would you source and NOT source an engine from? What would you do to the engine before installing it? Dead engine was drinking oil like there is no...
  6. M

WTB: passenger A-pillar upper trim (Black)

The OE part number is 5K0867234CBR2. Can't seem to find it new anymore (the left side is ~$50 new) and the used one are chipped. Technically, I only need the plastic vent that I cracked on mine.....
  7. M

2012 GTI sudden all cylinder misfires?

Newbie in the GTI world (this is my wife’s car). She filled up, drive ~20 miles and reported that something did not feel right. That mk6 has ~120K miles and is stock and not driven hard. today, started the engine and it has a very very rough idle (like “check engine light goes into blinking...
  8. M

P0341 - need help troubleshooting

Hi, Newbie here, so please be gentle if I missed a sticky or did not plug the right keywords in the search engine! :\ Car is questions is mk6 2012 GTI with 100K miles. bone stock, nothing was done to it other than regular maintenance and driving it. wife called me this morning and mentioned...