GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. NoCaution

My Mk6 is dead... Be sad with me.

It's really not... It's different, and takes some getting used to, but I'm not unhappy about it at all. I feel like all the reviews I've seen where people are trashing the system, they haven't really bothered to learn it before commenting. Once you learn the shortcuts and customize the display...
  2. NoCaution

I'll take a couple of pics of the new car soon... I drove nearly 2400 miles to get home and it's covered in bugs still. Eventually, I'll get a proper day off and post a few pics, after I clean it. lol My thoughts so far... It's. AWESOME. There are some finicky things I'm still getting used to...
  3. NoCaution

Well... I picked up the new GTI today. Autobahn - 6MT - Moonstone Grey. I am no longer sad about the Mk6. lol
  4. NoCaution

Yeah... I never did anything with the timing chain and was never told that it was needed during any of the regular service appointments. I just sold the car to someone who does have the ability to do the work themselves and I'm due to pick up my new Mk8 Autobahn on Tuesday afternoon, so despite...
  5. NoCaution

I never got a straight answer as to "why". I had someone on the Mk8 forum mention the timing chain tensioner, but my car is WAY higher miles than others who reported that. Regardless, I don't have the time, money, or energy to try and get it "fixed". I certainly don't have the skillset to do it...
  6. NoCaution

2010 GTI - Manual - United Grey - Plaid interior - Dynaudio system - Salvage :(

See my other recent post, but long story short is that this would have to be a project car for someone who can do the work. Needs new engine and clutch. The body is 99% good, as is the interior. It ran great until a week ago, and now it doesn't run at all. I have a potential buyer lined up, but...
  7. NoCaution

Soooo... The past week has been a bit of a roller coaster. Fair warning that this may get a bit long-winded, but I need to vent, and this seems like the place to do it. I bought a new Mk6 GTI in 2010. It was my second GTI after wrecking my 08' Mk5. I LOVE these cars, and my Mk6 has mostly...
  8. NoCaution

Can't get my preferred fuel anymore... Next best?

OK, so... I haven't posted here in a hot minute, but I've been on this forum since day one. I bought my MK6 GTI new in 2010 and had come from an 08 MK5 before that. There were lots of discussions about fuel back in the day, and the general consensus back then was that Shell V-Power was the...
  9. NoCaution

Kind of OT, but I just got something pretty neat.

I love the plaid seat material to an unnatural degree. I also am obsessed with golf, and drive my MK6 to the course twice a week. I've been lusting after custom golf club head covers from a number of different makers for a while, but none were what I really wanted; Jacky Plaid GTI headcovers...
  10. NoCaution

WTB: Mk6 GTI Messenger Bag (Driver Gear)

Hey all- So I've been trying to hunt down this stupid bag, that I couldn't justify buying when I first saw it. Of course, now that I can afford to waste money on such a thing, and actually kind of need it, I can't find it anywhere. It was released a few years back with a whole bunch of other...
  11. NoCaution

Penny for your thoughts...

So, I wasn't quite sure where to put this, but I figured that since I plan on keeping this in the car at all times, that it counts as "cosmetic". However, if the mods feel otherwise, then please feel free to relocate. OK, now that that's out of the way, I wanted to share a project I just...
  12. NoCaution

What is your dreamcar?

For as long as I can remember, the Jaguar E-Type has been the car that I covet above all others. For my money, it's the single most beautiful car ever produced. I would have a mid 1960's series 1 soft top, black with burgundy leather interior, everything either original or perfectly restored...
  13. NoCaution

I got shot...

Not to sound callous, but am I the only one who finds it a bit amusing that a guy with the screen name "trigger_storey" is sharing his tale of getting shot??? :iono: Seriously though... feel better mate.
  14. NoCaution

How much did you pay for your 40k service???

OK... So I just hit 40k yesterday, and I called up my local dealer (Desert VW) to ask about my service. I was told that the total cost for the "scheduled 40k service" would be $960! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I told the nice gentleman that he was confused, and since I...
  15. NoCaution

Great Scott!!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: I've been wanting the AR Drone ever since it was announced, but haven't been able to justify the $300 price tag. If however, they released one of these commercially, I'd pay almost anything.
  16. NoCaution

Driving with headphones on

OK - I'll be the one to play devil's advocate here... Disclaimer: I have never, and most likely, would never drive while wearing headphones. That being said, I feel the need to point out that it is not illegal or otherwise unsafe for deaf people to operate a motor vehicle. All emergency...
  17. NoCaution

SofaKingEuro - One year anniversary!

Hey everyone- Next Friday will mark the one year anniversary of the formation of the Sin City chapter of SOFAKINGEURO! It's been a fun year. we've met a ton of new people, and it seems like someone new shows up at almost every one. We've had photo-shoots, played pool, gambled, hit at least...
  18. NoCaution

Damn! Speeding Ticket! :(

Sorry to hear bout the ticket, but if you're not busy later, there's a meet at 215 and Jones at 7 tonight. Swing by.
  19. NoCaution

Who has MKVI wallpaper on their phone?

I just made this my lock screen yesterday!
  20. NoCaution

Has anyone got these?

I'm happy with my Detroits and all, but I just saw these on eBay and I kinda dig em. The price seems low, so for only 5 bills I might just give em a shot. Maybe someone can do a quick Photoshop and see how they'd look???:iono: EBAY LISTING Cheers-