GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. noah.D

Mk6 GTI startup issues

Hello everyone, Interested one today. This is the second time I have had this issue in the past month. I start my car up, drive to go do something, go back to the car to go home an hour or so later. When I try to start the car is sputters a bit and then stalls out, but if I step on the gas a bit...
  2. noah.D

Mk6 GTI misfiring… again! :)

Hello everyone, for context I drive a manual mk6 GTI and it’s currently misfiring. In the past I had the abs module replaced at the vw dealership and they forgot to re plug back in a vacuum line they have to remove to reach the module, this lead to the car misfiring. I had a bunch of codes for...
  3. noah.D

Intercooler fan after engines off?

Hello everyone, I have a quest about my intercooler fans. I know that if it’s really hot the fans will stay on after the car is turned off but for some reason only one of mine was spinning when I checked it today. I only noticed because it was much louder than normal when I got out of my car...
  4. noah.D

Burbles on stock tune??

Hello everyone, Interesting case here. For context: I have a 3” cts high flow catted downpipe and a Circuitwerks catback. After installing this catback my exhaust burbles pretty much exactly like an aftermarket Burble tune does. (Let of the throttle and loud burbles happen) I like the noise a...
  5. noah.D

Brake pedal rattle?

Hello everyone, My car just recently has had the brake pedal start to rattle, this ONLY happens when starting the car and no other times. The only change I had made before this started was changing from my 3” catback exhaust to the stock one bc I sold the catback. I still do have a 3” high flow...
  6. noah.D

Wiper arm stuck

Hello everyone, I’m having trouble removing my wiper blade on my GTI, I have tried a wiper arm remover, exhaust hanger pliers, and a long wrench under it to get leverage. Nothing worked. I also hit it with some silicone lubricant to hopefully break the bond but still nothing. Any ideas? Thanks
  7. noah.D

How to drain evaporator drain pipe mk6 GTI

No one has any tutorials on this yet so I thought I should take you through this. If there is water building up/condensing around your ac vents, this could be why. 1. Remove interior trim pieces. In the passenger side footwell on the left, there is one t20 screw that needs to be removed, pop...
  8. noah.D

Water condensing around ac vents

Hello everyone. I’m currently having a problem with my ac having water condense around the front 4 ac vents of my car. I did some research and found that the evap drain line being clogged could be a possible cause for this. Under my car after driving with the ac on for extended periods of time I...
  9. noah.D

Sequential tail lights?

Does anyone know a pair of sequential tail lights for the mk6 GTI (2012) I saw that vland has a pair that fits the golf r from the same generation but it’s iffy on if they also fit the GTI. Feel free to drop any suggestions for other brands or if someone knows if the Vlands will fit let me know...
  10. noah.D

Sensor with missing wire??

I was under my engine bay and noticed that there is a sensor bung similar to various other sensors in my car that is plugged into my oil pan. There is a sensor plugged in but the wire seems to have been cut. I did some research and people have said that this sensor is unnecessary if you have an...
  11. noah.D

Coolant light flashing??

Hello I have a mk6 GTI and for the past few days I have gotten a flashing coolant light. There’s no code correlating to the light when I scanned my car. In my owners manual it only says to contact a dealer when the light is flashing. Does anyone know what could be happening. For context it’s...
  12. noah.D

OBDeleven not giving me a code? Any ideas

I have a broken/not working wheel speed sensor. I just got an OBDeleven to help me determine which is one was acting up and the only code I get is p01130. This code gives me no real means as to which one of the sensors doesn’t work. Where should I go from here? Thanks
  13. noah.D

Another question pertaining to OBDeleven

So, I currently have an OBDeleven device otw and arriving tomorrow. I was looking at some videos for different things you can do to the car and I found out that some mods require you to change settings via the head unit of the car. I have an Apple car play so is there anything I can do to still...
  14. noah.D

Does an OBDeleven device offer the same code reading ability as a vcds reader?

I currently have a few lights on my dash that are a chase for concern. I made one thread here already and was able to track the problem down most likely to a wheel speed sensor as a cause for the problem. The only issue now is that I have no way to find the code telling me which of the 4 speed...
  15. noah.D

Car problems? Need help

All of these light came on while driving, including airbags, traction control, abs, and my handbrake dispute not being engaged. I scanned the car with my obdII reader and the only code that I have I have had for 2 months bc of my aftermarket downpipe. (O2 sensor threshold code) does anyone know...