GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. NewToVW

Mmmmm... Stoptech 328mm BBK

First, a HUGE thanks to Ryan at http://www.redlinespeedworx.com/ for making this kit appear on my doorstep when no one else had one in stock, and for a kick-ass price. I needed it before this weekend to install before a track event on the 4th of July. I ordered on Friday and had it Tuesday (drop...
  2. NewToVW

K04 vs. JB4 335is DCT... done!

Finally ran my friend's 335is coupe with DCT (7 speed dual clutch gearbox), JB4 tune, and intakes. That setup is good for ~365 whp. If you aren't familiar with the "is" trim level it gets more hp than any other 335 model, uses the better N54 (twin turbo) engine, sport exhaust, sport everything...
  3. NewToVW

South Bend Stage II Daily "Silent" Review

I'm a noise nazi. I have really good hearing and I easily notice unpleasant noises that other people don't. I also hate most aftermarket clutches... they usually aren't practical for street use, e.g. they don't engage smoothly, have on/off characteristics, are too loud, ridiculously heavy pedal...
  4. NewToVW

DIY Clutch Replacement: Lessons Learned

So with the rate of people modifying their cars to Stage II and beyond, and the direct result being the frequent death of the stock clutch, it seems a lot of us are going to be replacing clutches sooner rather than later. I figured the MKV/VI gang could use a decent walk-through. This isn't it...
  5. NewToVW

So, I'm gonna build a PC...

This will be the first PC I've ever built. I ordered everything tonight from newegg. Hope I don't screw it up! Any advice is greatly appreciated. Parts ordered are below: Case: CoolMaster Centurion 5 windowed PSU: Corsair 650TX MOBO: ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 CPU: i7 920 CPU Cooling: Zalman 9700 w/...