GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. zee

Isle of Man TT claims another rider

The passion these riders have for such a dangerous road racing event is insane...but mesmerizing to me as a fellow rider. He is the 21st deceased since 2000 RIP Yoshinari Matsushita
  2. zee

SpringFling 2013 - 10th Anniversary! Sunday June 2, 2013.

Who is stopping by? Hansa Haus 6650 Hurontario St, Mississauga, ON http://www.springflingcanada.com/
  3. zee

How to remove underfloor panel / underbody lining ?

Underbody lining..Atleast that is what I see it called in the catalog Has anyone removed it before. It seems to be held in place by 8 plastic looking nuts. I need both removed temporary this weekend. Labelled cw-Bodenverkleidung in the pic below
  4. zee

Question about LCA bolts

I somehow managed to strip one of the three bolts holding the ball joint to the LCA(pic below). It got stuck at an angle in one of the LCA holes when I was swapping the front suspenstion(bolts were already removed). I forced it out which stripped a few threads. It does not seem like I could...
  5. zee

Push-button start. Thieves reprogram BMW FOB in 3 minutes

I've heard of it happening to Mercs but this is the first video that I have seen it in action. The article implies that VWs are also susceptible too. I guess when car thieves mordenize, it's time for us to switch back to the good old steering wheel and pedal lock. YLHo-GYG25Q
  6. zee

Boldsport Rain\Light sensor

I was just browsing the bold-sport website about to order the Door Warning Lights and noticed they now have Rain/light sensor available. Has anyone tried it? http://www.bold-sport.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=187
  7. zee

Lemans 24hrs: Peugeot out, hybrid in. Audi vs Toyota

As Peugeot bowed out of 24hrs of Lemans last month, I thought this year's race was going to be a snoozefest in LMP1* Toyota's hybrid vs Audi's TDI is a tough call but Audi just announced that they will be fielding two Hybrids and two TDIs.*We'll see but I think it is a good way to defend the...
  8. zee

Feeler: A-spec center exhaust valance GB

Just want to gauge in interest in the community and see how many names we can get if a GB was to be organized. Based on information in the thread below, the company has already indicated that the piece is not available for sale separately but we might be able change their minds if we have...
  9. zee

Shipping from Germany to North America

Does any one have hookups? There are lots of sweet deals on ebay which ship only in/to Germany, some EU. I used to have a contact in Luxemburg and have shipped two bumpers across the Atlantic so I know it can be expensive, but it is still cheaper than most sources. Large items (bumpers &...
  10. zee

Help identify this diffuser

Can someone identify this diffuser for me. Based on the shape and location of the reflectors. It looks like a GTI bumper with a center exhaust setup. So far I’ve noted that… North American GTIs, North American Golfs and rest of world GTIs have similar bumpers. The Golf R has its...
  11. zee

Thanksgiving corvettes

I hope this is not a repost, it's been making it way across a few car forums since thanksgiving. Skip to 40 seconds in if you are impatient. kzlg3oQMze4 the video even shows a kid going across on a bicycle before they let it rip. IMO, two ass-wipes getting what they deserve.
  12. zee

Front end camber and noise

Is anyone having any noise? I know very few people are cambered. I just thought to pass this information along so others get to look out for it. I'll be running another suspension next year which will make me drive a lot lower & higher:p so I wont need camber in front anymore. The sound is...
  13. zee

SteveP in the UK

SteveP hails from the land of the Union jack (UK). I picked up my Golf R led tails and adapters from him in June of 2010. The price I paid with Paypal's crappy (C$ or UK conversion) was and still hasn't been beaten by North America retailers. It shipped via FedEx. :thumbsup: I know he has...
  14. zee

RNS510 Version 3 map. Who has it?

I just downloaded it onto my RNS510 and my unit seems to load the navigation menu faster froma cold start, and generally runs quicker when searching for an address. It also added a newly constructed road/bridge in my neighbourhood from last year. What are your opinions of this new update?
  15. zee

Yes, I'm a Poser

She taken me almost 60,000kms/45,000miles without a tune or intake. She running 3 degrees of negative camber all round when not necessary. She's running staggered wheels, stretching tires and a daily commuter not a weekend toy. She doesn't rub, she's red and I'm not bored of her yet. She is...
  16. zee

Funny GTI lowness stories. Let's hear yours...

Story #1: On Detriots my wife sitting in the car with windows down parked next to an E350 at my local homedepot while I run in. While I'm in, a couple parks two spots over in a Caravan. Woman: Why is it so low! <with a confused look on her face>:confused: Husband: Hmmmm...<then walks over to the...
  17. zee

Obama should have opted for air ride

:bellyroll:. Since it is pretty much a tank, I wonder how they pulled/pushed it out. yo5zH0Il8B0
  18. zee

Lowerthanwho?

lowerthanzimmy is spreading is love North to Canada so I have a few of his stickers. PM me or lowerthanzimmy if you want to run one. I'll double check the colours later.
  19. zee

Low n' Slow - A Beetle Film

Another awesome work from Stephen Brooks. It's hard to believe these cars are static. Form over Function http://www.vimeo.com/23887556 Thread from 2 weeks ago. http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18522
  20. zee

Bubuski @ Go dubin

Pete of visual fanfare did a casual photoshoot of the Go dubn 2011 event and took a few pictures of my GTI since I cruised with him to the event. His work is pretty stunning. Thanks agan Pete. Pete's event blog http://www.visualfanfare.com/blog/go-dubn-2011-may-edition#more-173 Pete's...