GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

Discounted prices for VW extended warranties

There are several Subaru dealers that offer discounted pricing on extended warranties. Anyone know of a VW dealer that does the same?
  2. D

DSG Oil Change

So what are the opinions of the 40000 mile oil change for a DSG transmission. Needed or just cautious?
  3. D

Service Reminder shut off

Well, I've got 18000 miles on my '10 and just saw my first "service reminder" message. Since I do most of my own work, can I just go reset it now or should I wait until I hit the mileage it's trying to remind me of? It says Service Due in 600 miles. Thanks in advance.
  4. D

Castrol Syntech Availability

OK, boys and girls, I am having a heck of a time finding Syntech 5W40 in the north suburbs of Chicago. I finally found a store in Kenosha that had some. Does anyone know if this stuff is that hard to find. Sorry if this is a repeat of another thread.
  5. D

SIRIUS radio when you sell your car

Please don't mistaken my question for the idea I'm thinking of selling my new toy, but I have a question about the SIRIUS package. What happens when you sell the car?
  6. D

Side View Mirrors

OK, I'm being lazy because of the great comments made here. The two side view mirrors look like they fold back, but I'm not about to try them just to find out. Has anyone seen them fold or do they just appear to be folding? Thanks in advance.
  7. D

Whats your occupation?

Work and Boss are both four letter words.
  8. D

Oil Drain Plug 2.0

When I changed the oil, I had a new metal crush washer. In order to remove the old one, I had a bit of work, but got it off and used the new one. The new type is meant to be replaced each time. Anyone else using the replaceable type?
  9. D

Access to TSBs when no CDROM Bentley manual

OK, I had the Bentley manual CDROM for my New Beetle, but opted for a paper one for the 2010. Is there any way to get PDFs for the TSBs without creating a copyright issue? Right now I'd like to find a PDF for the TSB about the rear washer dribble issue. It is #2023248.
  10. D

GTI Shirt (almost from Woolrich)

My wife surprised me with a shirt from Woolrich. The fabric is almost a perfect match for the seat material. Here is a link to the item in their catalog. Look for the Men's long sleeve patter Explorer Shirt, #6064, color to check out is GRAPHITE. I'm hoping the link works. Dan...
  11. D

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

Bit of an intro It took 60 years Well, I'm getting use to this group. Here is the text of a story that was run in the VW AUTOIST magazine a few years back. Dad’s Beetle in West Berlin My late father was a career US Army Officer who started his career at the outbreak of World War 2. He was...
  12. D

Question for anyone with a 2010 GTI

OK, the car is absolutely a wonder to drive. One dumb question. When you start it up, the oil pressure light DOES NOT come on and then go out like every other car I have owned. Before I run to the dealer, anyone else seeing this? The crankcase is at the full point, and I've driven 1000 miles...
  13. D

General thank you to the participants

Sometimes a new user gets slammed for not knowing all the lingo when they post. I'd like to THANK all of the participants for being understanding when dealing with someone who just wants to learn. Thanks again!!!!!:):w00t::)
  14. D

Newbie Oil Change question

OK, can anyone point a newbie to a good link for a DIY oil change. Thanks