GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. V

made a mess with gasoline

went to pump gas this evening. Apparently someone put the handle in the "locked" position so you can pump gas without holding the lever then put the entire thing back into its holder. I was holding the nozzle, pushed the 93 octane button and gasoline started pouring out everywhere. I ended up...
  2. V

need help picking a polish and wax

i have 2 light scratches that didn't come out when using autoglym super resin polish and a porter cable. I'm looking into getting a new polish that will be able to remove light scratches and will protect the paint. I am also going to need a good quality wax to protect what I just put down...
  3. V

rear sway bar vs Unibrace UB vs BOTH

which one would you choose? would both be over kill?
  4. V

dyno using VCDS

found this right here if you guys want to test it out http://www.vaglinks.com/OBDII/Vag-com_Data_Logging_And_Graphing.pdf scroll down to about 1/4 down the page and download the excel file they have. Torque: MB 120 -The torque calculated is a theoretical value. You can calculate HP using...
  5. V

autotech vs h&r vs unibrace

This is a DD. never going to see the track. Just want to improve handling and get rid of the creaks. Option 1 Product : Autotech 25mm Adjustable Rear Sway Bar Price : 229.95(40% off black friday sale) = roughly $140...
  6. V

Question for those who ever brought their car back to the dealership

if you bring your car into the dealer to get fixed (not your fault) and they keep it for a while, do they give you a free loaner car to drive around or no? It hasn't happened to me yet (i hope it never does) but just incase something happens and my car needs to get checked out, I wanna be able...
  7. V

question for all you CW drivers + everyone else

CW looks AMAZING on a GTI. my main concern is....does it stay white forever or does it eventually turn kinda beige/yellow after a while? Cause the CSG is a cool car but CW is just sex on wheels I can't stop looking at it
  8. V

question for manual drivers

here's the scenario: you're behind 2 cars at a red light. You know the light is going to turn green in 1-2 seconds so you step down on the clutch, shift to first and leave you're foot on the clutch til the light turns green. is that a big no no? been driving manual for 2-3 months and i'm...
  9. V

mk6 gti vs cop car

I'm not trying to say "go try and outrun a cop" but I think we can give them a run for their money if we wanted to. what do you all think?
  10. V

not trying to be funny or anything...

this is a question for people with tinted windows. I'm debating whether or not I should get my rears and sides tinted. The only thing making me say no is fear that I might not be able to see clearly at night. So I was just wondering...what % tint you guys have and if you have any trouble...
  11. V

driving tips - 6 speed manual

Anybody have advice for making the drive smooth? 1st and second is the most difficult for me. Its not the worst but there is a slight bump. I can't really get it right yet. Also is it bad for the tranny/transmission if its a little bit jerky? a driving video would be nice! Thanks
  12. V

factory hids

Is it possible to buy the hid kit from the dealer and have them install it after you've already driven the car.
  13. V

Walked into a dealership...and left empty handed

Walked into my FIRST volkswagen dealership yesterday in Norwood, MA and let me tell you...I was in heaven! There was a blue R32 in the front window and GTI's were all around me...even though it took 5 minutes for a damn sales person to ask if I was being serviced, I really didn't mind being...
  14. V

2010 vs 2011 GTI which to buy?

I'm trying to decide which one I should get...because the 2011 just recently came out, the price for the 2010 should be a lot cheaper and they are still practically brand new cars. So what do you guys think? is the 2011 GTI really worth the few extra thousand dollars? and I'm gonna get either...
  15. V

has anyone tried to make their car rear end proof?

I was just wondering if I was crazy for thinking this... I'm thinking about putting a "baby on board" sign on my rear window so people will GTF off my ass when I'm driving. Maybe it'll give me some more room when I'm on a hill so if someone is too close I won't get smacked by a lawsuit if I...
  16. V

should I buy a GTI ? help me please!

hey everyone! I was wondering if you guys could help me decide between a new Accord Coupe (not a v6) or a GTI (manual of course and hopefully a sunroof). I really really really really want a GTI but my girlfriend keeps complaining that its "ugly". Even though she's only gonna be in the...