GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

DSG slipping after replacing clutch pack

It was much better today, but the car feels a bit heavy for some reason. Like it doesnt have that zippy feeling it used to have. Not sure if its just the clutch breaking in. Also the brakes are feeling a little spongy. Like they dont want to fully bite. That Ive been feeling for several months...
  2. G

DSG slipping after replacing clutch pack

Hello Everyone, So after VW told me that my clutch pack needed replacement based on the code that would come up ( P2711 Unexpected Mechanical Gear Disengagement), I was able to find a good deal on a new clutch pack from ECS Tuning and had my mechanic replace it. Just got the car back and...
  3. G

Vland / aftermarket headlight UU not working solution

Instead of starting a new topic, I figured I’d ask it in this one. I have a 2011 GTi with the OE HID headlights, and I’m receiving a notification of a front bulb needing replacement, however both headlights and side marker lights work. The only thing j notice is that the bottom part of one of...
  4. G

Calling All Tuned MK6's how many miles on it?

2011 GTi that I tuned in 2014 through APR. Just an ECU tune, but I have 98k miles and the car just started slipping. Happened 3 times on the highway in the past 4 months. Car went to neutral and I had to stop and restart for it to reset. Code indicates bad clutch pack, but ever since I took...
  5. G

2011 GTi DSG - Code P2711 Unexpected Mechanical Gear Disengagement

My PZEV warranty covers the TCM replacement, however the dealer is saying it’s the clutch pack that’s the problem. I’m assuming the mechatronics unit is the TCM. Not sure how to prove that is causing the issue and get it covered under the warranty, when they are saying it’s the clutch pack.
  6. G

So not the clutch pack? I asked about the Mechatronic Unit and they said it was the clutch pack.
  7. G

I did. I mentioned that the best quote is $1600 with me buying the part.
  8. G

Good Afternoon Everyone, So about 2-3 times over the past few months while driving on the highway and taking a turn off the exit, I have seen the D flashing in the dashboard along with a wrench. The car loses acceleration and it feels as if Im in neutral. When I pull over and restart the car...
  9. G

Looking for Flat Bottom Steering Wheel OEM GTI MK6 DSG

I have looked into it but Im sure it will be a pain, and I dont want to wrap it above the existing one. Id rather pay a little extra and have it done correctly. Ultimately my main reason for wanting it re-wrapped is because the bottom left has ripped. I was hoping that they might be able to...
  10. G

New, and it’s extremely hard to find. I did find an upholstery shop that I will be bringing it to for a quote. If they can rewrap it then I will just do that and keep my own one.
  11. G

I know they just aren’t new OEM ones. The only one left on ecs Tuning sold a few months ago.
  12. G

2011 VW GTi DSG - Flashing D and Wrench

Good Afternoon Everyone, So about 2-3 times over the past few months while driving on the highway and taking a turn off the exit, I have seen the D flashing in the dashboard along with a wrench. The car loses acceleration and it feels as if Im in neutral. When I pull over and restart the car...
  13. G

2011 GTi DSG - Flashing D and Wrench

14. G

Hello Everyone, I have been trying to locate an OEM flat bottom steering wheel for my 2011 GTi DSG and cant seem to find one. I see that there are some aftermarket ones, but the design is a little different, and was hoping to find an original. All it really needs is reupholstering but even that...
  15. G

Fan Continuously Running on 2011 GTi

Hi Everyone, Need your help here. I’ve had an issue with my car for several months now where the fan keeps running even after I shut the engine off. I mentioned it to my mechanic who specializes in German cars, and he told me it’s normal, that the engine needs to cool down. I knew that wasn’t...
  16. G

Only 16MPG on my GTi!!!

Hi Guys, I’ve had my MK6 for 8 years now. It’s a DSG with about 67K miles and It’s been APR Stage 1 tuned for about 5. I’ve noticed that I never really get great milage in it. I do a mixture of local and highway driving, and I’m not aggressive all the time, and I usually get about 19 mpg when I...
  17. G

WARNING OIL PRESSURE CHECK OWNERS MANUAL AND SHUT OFF ENGINE

Hi Everyone, this recently showed up while I was driving. It comes and goes, so I took it for an oil change and it was half a quart low. Picked up the car after the oil change and the OIL Pressure Warning showed up again. Any ideas what it could be? Thanks
  18. G

Tyrolsport Subframe Collar Kit

Hi Everyone, I recently installed the Tyrolsport Subframe kit on my 2011 GTi. I did the front and rear together. I recently added to new Contis DWS 06 in the front, so I figured let me add the kit to make the car more stable and get the most out of it. The car feels stiff and somehow wobbly, as...
  19. G

Catback Exhaust or Exhaust Tips???

Hello Everyone, Looking for some help on deciding whether to get a Catback Exhaust for my 2011 GTi or Exhaust Tips. I know that you don’t really see much of a difference with a Catback in terms of sound and performance, but I’m just looking for a moderate increase in those. I’ve seen some...
  20. G

Catback Exhaust or Exhaust Tips????

Hello Everyone, Looking for some help on deciding whether to get a Catback Exhaust for my 2011 GTi or Exhaust Tips. I know that you don’t really see much of a difference with a Catback in terms of sound and performance, but I’m just looking for a moderate increase in those. I’ve seen some...