GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. fatty@golfmk6.com

Mobil 1 Oil Deal

Walmart.com has 5-Quart Mobil 1 Full Synthetic Motor Oil (Various Grades) on sale for $22.88 - $12 Rebate = $10.88. Select in-store pickup where stock permits to save on shipping...
  2. fatty@golfmk6.com

Mobil 1 0W-40 Oil Deal

Amazon.com has for their Prime Members: 6-Pack of 1-Quart Mobil 1 Synthetic 0W-40 Motor Oil for $27.99. Shipping is free...
  3. fatty@golfmk6.com

Help my cousin become a community Lawyer!

My cousin's boyfriend is trying to get her into a LSATs course that would help her get into Law School. She graduated in the top 1% in her highschool and her department in College! She's plenty smart but financials are tough now a days. If you guys can help by donating anything it will be...
  4. fatty@golfmk6.com

Fumoto Valves less effective than drain plugs?

Are Fumoto Drain Valves less effective than drain plugs at removing "the crap at the bottom of the oil pan"? Using a drain plug allows a 14mm opening for the oil to flow out and you would usually have your car jacked up in the front allowing some of the "crap" to flow towards the drain. A...
  5. fatty@golfmk6.com

Official Spider Thread

I come home every night to 2-3 spiders on my car. GET THE F OFF :mad:
  6. fatty@golfmk6.com

Advice for my first apartment

I'm trying to decide between either a studio or a one-bedroom apartment. I'm gonna be the only one living there. No pets. I don't have a lot of furniture;probably just a new bed and new tv + tv stand. I had pretty bad experiences with room mates during college so i'm trying to avoid that option...
  7. fatty@golfmk6.com

Moving down to CT

Hey everyone, I am about to accept a job offer for the Nuclear Power Plant South-West of New London. Can you guys gimme some info on what cities would be good to live in and what cities to completely avoid? I need to find a place within 30 days or so. Thanks all :thumbsup:
  8. fatty@golfmk6.com

mileage cap for rental cars?

I brought my car in yesterday afternoon because I had a squeaky clutch pedal. They are replacing the clutch pedal assembly under warranty. I was given a rental car and the service rep told me I am only allowed to drive 100 miles total... which is strange because i've never heard of a mileage cap...
  9. fatty@golfmk6.com

Peach Bottom Atomic Nuclear Reactor

I got an offer to work at the reactor there. Can anyone tell me about Peach Bottoms? I heard its in the middle of Amish-ville.
  10. fatty@golfmk6.com

what do you do with your old tires?

I have 2 tires with less than 10k miles on them and they're both damaged. I got them covered under warranty and the dealer told me to keep them. Has anyone ever found a way to re-use or get something out of their old tires? I've compiled about 5 tires in my life time and I want them gone!
  11. fatty@golfmk6.com

Couldn't shift into gear on a cold start

car wouldn't shift into 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th or 6th gear for about 3 minutes when I started my car so I left it in neutral. It was around 25 F. I popped the hood, checked the linkage cables and nothing was blocking them. After 3 minutes i was finally able to get into 1st. any thoughts?
  12. fatty@golfmk6.com

Classical Music

Does anyone listen to this genre? I am trying it out and honestly I am left confused after everyone song. Usually when I listen to music I can conjure up some kind of emotion and decide if I enjoy it or not. Classical music just leaves me .. dumbfounded. Am I supposed to just sit back, relax and...
  13. fatty@golfmk6.com

Continental DWS : Side wall softer than a babies bottom

Bought a set of DWS tires during the summer. Fast forward 7k miles and I get a decent size bubble in one of the tires. Tire wasn't covered under warranty so I just bought a new one. Fast forward another 2k miles and the newest tire has a tiny hole in it. I called up Tirerack and they said the...
  14. fatty@golfmk6.com

S5 reps from Modbargains

Trying to decide which color to get for my 4 door CSG. Gunmetal or Hyper Black i'm leaning towards the Hyper black ones because they look more "defined". What you guys think?
  15. fatty@golfmk6.com

tire keeps going flat but I can't find a leak!

First time it went flat: I leave my car parked in a garage at school during the week. My car was parked from Sunday to Wednesday. Wednesday November 21st around 7:00 pm when I found my rear passenger tire was completely flat. I drove about a mile to the Hess station where they had free gas and I...
  16. fatty@golfmk6.com

How's life down there in Alabama?

I'm graduating this year and i'm thinking about moving down to Alabama to work with a developing company. I was born in Texas but raised in Boston, MA so i'm used to the New England weather. This move is going to be for at least 5 years, maybe 10+ if things really work out. How are the income...
  17. fatty@golfmk6.com

Advice on loan payments

Im a graduating with my ba this year and will have a total of 10k in student loans that dont accumulate interest until 6 months (grace period) after i graduate in may. Im trying to decide if i should pay off the entire loan when i graduate in a large payment or make monthly payments now until...
  18. fatty@golfmk6.com

window makes a noticeable"tap" when closing

This doesn't occur often, but when it does I can replicate it about 100 times before it goes away. It only occurs on my front passenger side right before it reaches the top. anyone else have this occur or have an idea what might be the issue?
  19. fatty@golfmk6.com

Found a hidden CEL/fault code

Today I scanned my car using VCDS after seeing the tire pressure light go off and found a hidden fault code. It's the Intake Manifold Flap Position Sensor which is sort of common for our cars and after doing some research I think the intake manifold will need to be replaced. My concern is if...
  20. fatty@golfmk6.com

Talkatone - It's pretty much free phone service

I just discovered this gem wiCHaYVX3fk basically, if you have a gmail account, you can use their "google voice" program which lets you choose a free phone number. This phone number can make phone calls from your computer if you're on the google voice site, it also lets you text mobile phones...