GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. StreetSpeed2000

Pocono event April 20th-21st

Folks, Hooked on Driving is doing a two day event at Pocono at the above mentioned dates. As I understand it they will be the first group to go out on the completely redone infield. I'm headed there as a first timer to the course AND with my new-to-me 2004 Z06. I'll also be instructing and...
  2. StreetSpeed2000

Really turning off ESP

Folks, This may have been brought up before, but does anyone know how to completely turn off traction control in our cars? My MKV was an 06 and actually turned off when you hit the button. This car is still very much "on" when you turn it off, and the inability to rotate the car is starting...
  3. StreetSpeed2000

XDS = Crap on the track

Dudes, Don't know if anyone in this particular forum cares much about tracking, but I just wanted to share that the XDS system that I had such high hopes for as it performs well in snow and on the street, is the same crap as it was on the MKV when it comes to driving on a track. Not sure why...
  4. StreetSpeed2000

ProSport boost gauge installed pics

Dudes, I installed a mechanical ProSport boost gauge today. The thing is able to change from red to white, but I just wired it with the white always on. It's fine during the day, but is definitely a bit bright at night. I didn't feel like taking the time to wire it in to the dimmer, but...
  5. StreetSpeed2000

One day event at Monticello - April 24th full track!

Dudes, Just signed myself up to attend a one day (Saturday) event at Monticello Raceway on the 4.1 mile layout on April 24th. It's being run by a new company called Trackacardia (http://trackacardia.com/). They're gonna do 4, 25 minute sessions and if you sign up before March 15th it's $295...
  6. StreetSpeed2000

FS: 17" Denvers with tires, 250 miles on them

Dudes, Looking to get rid of the stockers on my new MKVI. They are the 17" Denvers with Continental Contitacts or whatever they're called. They have 250 miles on them currently. Let's say $900 OBO and we can go from there. I'll also keep shipping low, say $35 shipped to CONUS. Tires alone...
  7. StreetSpeed2000

Top Gear Segment on V12 Vantage

This is from the final episode of Season 13. I actually got a little misty watching it. Am I gay or is anyone with me here? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsQK5ZJUxhk