GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

So I test drove a mk7 GTI today

I just don't get the WRX market at all. Your 2013 WRX is worth more than a new GTI. Actually, it's worth more than a new 2015 WRX. By some strange nature of paradoxical powers of the car universe, it's worth more than itself. I feel like you could walk into a Subaru dealership and be like...
  2. S

GK Goes JDM, Brah. Beats Worst Forum Member on Actually Getting a Car this Century

I dig it. I've always liked the body style of the 350Z and its somewhat aggressive but futuristic stance. Track pack is a huge thumbs up, LSD and Brembo is a huge savings from future upgrades. I think it has power aplenty and a huge following too. Probably full bolt-on's in the future?
  3. S

$40k stock Acura Integra Type R

He's definitely not the typical owner. It takes a lot of harsh driving to break away welds and seals on the GSR subframe but the ITR has a reinforced frame. Almost any car will have issues with the transmission, the way he drives (from what I've heard).
  4. S

He might not have driven/tracked the BR-Z and ITR to compare, but I have. Stock vs stock: No comparison. The ITR will blow the doors off a BR-Z/FR-S stock vs stock. If you don't like this comparison because the FT86 twins came with awful Prius tires stock, take that complaint to someone who...
  5. S

Not even in the slightest. You couldn't be more wrong. 108.5 horsepower per liter, engineered in the mid 90's. some of you were barely born when this engine was in production. A nearly perfect rod:stroke ratio, fine tuned with an 8500 RPM fuel cut off redline. Fitted with a limited slip...
  6. S

Mustang Ecoboost

It has been shown that Ford almost has no idea whether or not you have a tune on these motors, if you return to stock. http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-st-maintenance/11492-going-dealer-flashed-ecu-cobb-5.html A Cobb employee and even a Ford engineer have stated that if you flash to stock...
  7. S

Golf R > STI according to Motor Trend, but it wasn't easy

Toyo Proxies, overnight from Japan. I was supposed to go to MIT, I'm good at like, math and shit. Everything else I failed.
  8. S

My new 2015 Golf R came in!

I'm motha-fucking peanut butter and jealous.
  9. S

Development Civic Type R posts 7:50 at Nurburgergreen

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2015/03/honda-civic-type-r-sets-7-50-nurburgring-lap-time.html https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lXGmjt1FtQ So apparently the roll bar adding rigidity wasn't intentional, and therefore its existence should be ignored because the driver didn't take advantage...
  10. S

Golf R > STI according to Motor Trend, but it wasn't easy

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/1503_2015_subaru_wrx_sti_vs_2015_volkswagen_golf_r/ Key Notes: I told you all that shit looked like a souped up Corolla. Meet the all new 2015 Subaru WRX STI:
  11. S

Unveiled Evo X final edition with whopping 480 HP

That's only because it's starting out as a GSR and probably also because it'd be a lot more expensive to the price to build the sequential to handle that power. Plus with a limited edition car like that, you know people will buy it regardless of whether its auto or triple pedal. Its the Type R...
  12. S

Couldn't find my dream job- Applying to graduate school

I don't know how this wasn't apparent from the first post. I really don't care about how much I make. If I can afford to make my GTI payments, rent, credit card payments and the occasional alcohol outing with my friends, I don't care. I don't care if I own a house. I don't care if I build some...
  13. S

Going to Japan and Thailand for 3 weeks... any hints?

Thailand: It's systematic the way you hang out with girls there. You literally just pay pennies on the dollar for a girl to basically spend an evening with you. It's not prostitution because she'll just be like, "with" you. You can bone her if you want but it's not required or something. Koh...
  14. S

Torture

I have issues with us proclaiming that we have to "free" other countries because of actions like these, when we take those actions ourselves. Makes us all look like hypocrites. I have issues with people saying "Oh Americans were tortured, blah blah..." because that's an incredibly stupid...
  15. S

What steered me away from IT is that certs expire. I had CompTIA and Networking and I was furious that I not only had to pay more money every other year but that I would some times have to take continuing education and pay more money to keep my Networking+ valid. It's BS. The fundamentals...
  16. S

That's what I was thinking. There's promising research in more efficient PV cells, biofuels using algae and recirculating nuclear waste for power use (which also makes nuclear plants safer and less "meltdown" risky). Also if I get any research experience in batteries, I can get hired by Tesla...
  17. S

Audi RS3 Officially Announced!

This is just a highly convoluted market. I feel like once you pass $40,000 in your budget, you have no freaking idea what to buy. S3, RS3, S4, M3, M4, 335is, M235i... WHAT?!?!
  18. S

Unfortunately, what he said has underlining in socioeconomics that is 100% true. The video linked is even an argument against the "hard work pays off" statement. Some people are born into better circumstance. I wasn't one of those people so I had to work my ass off to get 50% of what other...
  19. S

PhD programs are fully funded including rent, food, computer expenses, traveling expenses, utilities and a little extra. On campus housing for graduate students is highly subsidized so out of our living costs stipend, only about $450 goes to rent and that includes high speed internet access, gym...
  20. S

Which is exactly what I'm doing. Applying to graduate school and going to work my ass off. I'm not married and have no kids so it shouldn't be a problem. I actually like the college dorm research life. And most of the jobs I want at Tesla or likewise require an MS or PhD in Engineering. So go me?