GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. 9

No start/Immobilizer issue, help!

I know this isn’t an MK6 but hoping someone can help still since they’re all very similar and I’m sure some of you have had or still have MK5’s in the garage.. My 2009 Jetta randomly wouldn’t start today. I’ve been daily driving it since my MK7 needs a clutch and I’ve never experienced any...
  2. 9

Sudden Multiple Cylinder Loss.. Timing?

Thanks guys. I’m well aware of the tensioner issues, which is why I brought it up. It’s a 2012, so I’m not sure which revision he has. I haven’t pulled the plug to look. Besides pulling the timing cover and checking the timing by measuring the gears timing marks is there another measuring block...
  3. 9

Sudden Multiple Cylinder Loss.. Timing?

So a friend called me the other day to help check out their MK6 GTI since I had a scan tool on me. The car has 155K on it roughly. I was in the car a few days prior with him and it was purring like a kitten, no rough idle, etc. Apparently just after leaving his house down the street about a...
  4. 9

DSG Swap/replacement questions

You’re the man.. where are you getting this from? I’ll pay you for the whole manual.. lol
  5. 9

Do you happen to have the part number for the flywheel?
  6. 9

Thanks! Do you happen to know the spec for the mount bolts and bolts from trans to engine?
  7. 9

Ha.. well, let’s just say it’s not in his budget.. the “new” trans is a donor organ with 70K miles on it..
  8. 9

Hey guys, I’m about to replace a DSG trans in a friends car with him, a 2012 GTI. Car has 155K. I figured I would do the rear main for him while in there. Besides the flywheel bolts, are there any other bolts that need to be replaced in this process or that are TTY? Does anyone have a pdf of...
  9. 9

VCDS Scan, code questions..

Hey guys, Just ran a scan of a GTI in the family and came up with this beautiful list. Some of them are obvious, like the P2015 (Just replaced the manifold on another different GTI in the family) , and the window switch, but some I’m not too sure where to start. U1030 I haven’t heard of and...
  10. 9

FS: Golf R parts feeler

So in the next few months at some point the R is going in for surgery. I'll be looking at that point to sell my factory K04 and manifold, APR down pipe with mid pipe and high flow cat, and VWR intake. All parts have 90K miles on them but religiously maintained, oil changes on the turbo every...
  11. 9

Stock Golf R Parts

Hey guys, Selling my stock exhaust, engine cover/airbox, and springs from my 2012 Golf R. The exhaust and engine cover have just under 3K Miles on them and the springs have about 30K Miles. Everything is super clean. I posted once before a while back but there were no bites so I just threw...
  12. 9

Logs.. Random misfires?

Hey guys.. Never ran a scan of my car before so had a friend do it tonight. I noticed my car has been idling rough for a while now but never gave it much thought, attributed it to APR runner flap delete and cold start, but codes revealed a little more. I'm at 85K, stage 2+, and before you ask...
  13. 9

Bad rear seal on 2.0 TSI..

Hey, My coworker has been having crazy runaway idle lately and has lost 1/2 quart of oil last week. It's a 2010 jetta Wolfsburg with 110K miles. My shop just confirmed its a bad rear seal, saying its leaking oil and actually pulling in vaccum messing up the fuel mixture, they sprayed something...
  14. 9

Engine/Tranny mounts?

So what are some of the best upgrades as far as drivetrain stiffening for this car? I mean what are the best mounts and which ones would you do or have you done first?
  15. 9

deAuto Key LED license plate housing problem

Hey, I just got the full interior LED set with LED license plate housing from deAuto Key and I'm having some trouble with the license plate housings.. These are the complete housing replacements, not just the bulb. They send a little note with the kit that says something about having to...
  16. 9

UM Vs. APR

So I just wanted some opinions here from both sides.. I'm currently on APR's stage 2+ flash and have been for last 75K miles.. I've gotten terribly used to the power and am almost bored now haha. Anyway, my eyes weren't really opened again until I met my match at the track this past season...
  17. 9

Brakes/Coils/spring rates?

Hey, So I was contemplating getting springs/sway bars for my R since it's going through a bit of "refurbishment" at the moment.. I'm sort of on a budget due to replacing bumper/wheels/carbon cleaning + flap delete all at once, and trying to decide whether to go with just springs right now or...
  18. 9

Shaved bumper question..

Hey guys.. Unfortunately I just hit some ice and cracked my front bumper on my R :-(.. Anyway I was going to have the body shop shave the side marker lights on the new bumper but do I need to add a resistor or anything to prevent throwing a code without the lights in the car?
  19. 9

Golf R - My 60K Mile Story..

So the MK6 Golf R… It looked and sounded like a dream come true when I walked into the dealership that sunny June afternoon in 2012, and when I sat in that seat for the first time I knew I just had to have it. Well, it has turned out to be slightly less than a dream so far. Don’t get me wrong, I...
  20. 9

F/S: Golf R OEM TB exhaust, intercooler and piping, and engine cover/air box

Hey Guys, I'm looking to sell these stock parts that came off my 2012 Golf R when I upgraded to stage 2+. All parts were removed under 3K miles. They are on a shelf in my garage, extremely clean, removed before the winter. 1) Full OEM turbo-back exhaust 2) OEM Intercooler and Hoses 3) OEM...