GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. L

Failing Waterpump Extended Warranty suit...

“My” attorney said he was working through 500 reviews so keep up the hope….
  2. L

Sorry I wasn’t clear. The settlement process allows you to request an “attorney review“ if you get denied. This costs nothing and is done by attorneys associated with settlement. Nothing has cost me a penny so far and I stand to get $800 so it’s worth making the effort.
  3. L

I was denied and requested an attorney review. I have had some back and forth with a very helpful attorney and send the same information again showing a 40k service and the pump being replaced under warranty at 45k (the claim was for a failure at 77k). All looks good now according to the attorney.
  4. L

I was also part of the timing chain settlement and was pretty stoked to get a check for about $850 for that one. The water pump check will be a nice bonus.
  5. L

Old thread, but has anyone received a check yet. I submitted a claim many months ago.
  6. L

Genuine Ross-Tech micro-CAN VCDS cable

Genuine Ross-Tech (in original packaging , all receipts). No VIN limitations. Used on my dear departed 2010 GTI and my daughters 2008 Rabbit. $125 shipped within continental US. Apple Pay,Venmo or Zelle ( most banks use Zelle like BofA etc). No PayPal (hate their fees)
  7. L

I PM'd you. It's very similar to the water pump issue. If the timing chain tensioner needed to be replaced, and you paid to have it replaced, you would be reimbursed 100% for the cost of that 'repair'. Furthermore, if a failure of the tensioner caused engine damage, you would be reimbursed for...
  8. L

Just to be clear if you are claiming for the water pump only , you need very little evidence of following the maintenance schedule. As the only maintenance on the cooling system is keeping some coolant in it and maybe a change of the coolant when/if VW recommends. However if your engine failed...
  9. L

This just shows the importance of keeping all those old invoices! I now have a 2018 GTI, my old 2010 is but a memory ( It was a great car!). On my 2010 the water pump failed twice. Once under warranty at 40k, once outside of warranty at 77K. I recently got $800 back from VW for a (preventive...