GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Rice Buys A Minivan

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
CSB: under good troubleshooting to fix a problem of my own making

I did the plugs in the Comet...a royal PITA. LT headers really block access to the plugs. I finally get it done and start it. It sounds a bit off but it is cammed and already has a car shaking idle. A bit of gas and I get some popping/backfires. Shut it off (maybe 30 seconds) and go to check if I have a plug wire off. In checking them I notice cyl's 1/3 don't have any heat in the header tubes....double check and yep I mis-wired it. the using temp to figure out my error kinda made me proud.
That's a crafty move, and something I'll have to bear in mind for the future.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
if you're ever using your DSLR, you could try using a circular polarizing filter. it helps to cut reflections and haze from strong sun, so the high gloss from the paint won't confuse the camera sensor and blow the highlights.
Most of the time I'm just using my Pixel5. The dslr usually stays home unless I'm going out with the purpose of taking pictures, and that doesn't happen often. I do have a polarized filter for it though.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
waiting for this dude to msg me back about an intake lol
1679416647488.png

manu97

Autocross Champion
Bros, what color should I powdercoat my wheels? They're 17X9 Grids, the car is Lapiz Blue, and I'm between gunmetal and silver. Not even sure what prismatic color to use for each gunmetal/silver

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Rootbeer bronze. This is the only way.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Bros, what color should I powdercoat my wheels? They're 17X9 Grids, the car is Lapiz Blue, and I'm between gunmetal and silver. Not even sure what prismatic color to use for each gunmetal/silver
I prefer silver with lapiz blue. Gunmetal works better on darker, metallic blues like NBM.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
sell them and get not rotas

torga

Autocross Champion
Most of the time I'm just using my Pixel5. The dslr usually stays home unless I'm going out with the purpose of taking pictures, and that doesn't happen often. I do have a polarized filter for it though.

bring the filter and hold it in front of the Pixel 5 camera :cool:

I have the same phone and I have found the white balance to be pretty shit on it -- always makes colors a cooler temp than they actually are. if i care enough about a pic, i always have to warm it up slightly and sometimes play with the color tint. you could give that a shot and see if that gets the blue closer to reality.

manu97

Autocross Champion
sell them and get not rotas
Rotas are just fine, 17x9 and they're hubcentric. Don't got TE37 money, or the desire to spend 3k on wheels that are only relatively light.

manu97

Autocross Champion
rotas are not fine
Sure they are. Know a bunch of people who beat the piss out of them on track, and have yet to have a failure. Most problems seem to be from ~10 years ago.