GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... May 2024 Colder Than May 1987 - Climate Change Is A Hoax

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Company loyalty...what is this bizarre concept?!

4 letters:
ESOP

Employee stock ownership program. Wawa is private, one share is $14,863. You get free shares as part of your total comp every year, and the amount of shares you get is based on your position level. The company has explicitly defined rungs on the ladder. I’m now on the 4th rung, and I’m fully vested so my ESOP is already bigger than all the money wawa has ever paid me in wages.

People stay at wawa for 30+ years, and retire with 10+ million in the bank.

I’m 27 and already have 9 years under the belt. 28 more years till 55, so I’ll have worked for Wawa for 37 years.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I love wawa too man. I always wanted to work there when I was a kid, and it was my first job in high school (making sandwiches, being cashier, pumping gas bc Jersey). I never left, and 9 years later I’m an IT engineer at corporate and I love my job.

The company really values hiring from within, and I believe that has a lot to do with its overall success. They value their employees, truly, and we bust our ass. I look forward to retiring at 55 :)

Nice! Yeah I always got that feeling from the workers at the stores and it certainly shows in how the company has grown. It’s rare for companies to be that way (around me anyway) and it would only benefit the company.

Does WaWa have their own maintenance team or is that contracted out?

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
That's why I find it so interesting my Pops voted Trump. He's Puerto Rican, and was I'm born in a time where that was commonplace. It's funny because after the oldest sibling, Hector, was born, my grandma gave all the rest of the kids (including my dad) "white" names. She also dropped every one of them off at a military recruiting station at 17. 🤣 She inherently knew that they couldn't get a fair shake in the Brooklyn hood back then as a Puerto Rican, so she gave him a leg up by getting them the hell out of there.

But now it's kind of like my Pops forgot where he came from, because he's constantly like "I came from the hood. I made something of myself. Racism can't stop that." I just keep thinking "No as an impressionable youth, you didn't want Grandma to whip your ass with the chancleta, so you listened and joined the Army." If he tried to live his life as a Puerto Rican in Bedford Stuyvesant back then he would have probably ended up another statistic. The fact he can't understand that minorities still deal with those issues is weird to me. Not everyone can join the military.
Man even after how the president handled aid to PR after the hurricane? That’s crazy

JC_451

Autocross Champion
4 letters:
ESOP

Employee stock ownership program. Wawa is private, one share is $14,863. You get free shares as part of your total comp every year, and the amount of shares you get is based on your position level. The company has explicitly defined rungs on the ladder. I’m now on the 4th rung, and I’m fully vested so my ESOP is already bigger than all the money wawa has ever paid me in wages.

People stay at wawa for 30+ years, and retire with 10+ million in the bank.

I’m 27 and already have 9 years under the belt. 28 more years till 55, so I’ll have worked for Wawa for 37 years.
Don't use acronyms around here they make Rickety nervous.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Nice! Yeah I always got that feeling from the workers at the stores and it certainly shows in how the company has grown. It’s rare for companies to be that way (around me anyway) and it would only benefit the company.

Does WaWa have their own maintenance team or is that contracted out?

What type of maintenance? We have an internal technician team that can do things like fixing doors, replacing cabinets, and some light electrical work. But the heavy equipment is all managed by vendor contracts

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Actually it’s increasing each year, but you knew that. Must have been a typo 😂

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p5307.pdf

Not really though. The TCJA changed the measure used for inflation indexing from the consumer price index for all urban consumers (CPI-U) to the chained CPI-U—a more accurate measure but one that results in a smaller upward adjustment each year. By 2025, middle class families will be paying 2% more in federal income taxed as a result of the reduction in deductions and REDUCTION in the standard deduction.

It's a good con, but still a con.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Man even after how the president handled aid to PR after the hurricane? That’s crazy
Dude, me and wife got stuck in PR for 15 days. We were trapped on the east side of the island by Rincon. We helped the locals clear the road and our rental had a huge tree on top had to get off.
The people in PR are awesome. We got a huge care package together once we got back home and sent to some new friends we met.
Worst part was the atm was out and I had to $ to go to La Perla to get smoke.
I did see military planes land and unload a shit ton of food and supplies. The goods never got rationed out to the population while we were there.

Edit:westside not east

Attachments

• 20180828_101836.jpg
    20180828_101836.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 84
  • 20180828_102935.jpg
    20180828_102935.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 92
  • 20180828_102148.jpg
    20180828_102148.jpg
    292 KB · Views: 96

GolNat

Autocross Champion
What type of maintenance? We have an internal technician team that can do things like fixing doors, replacing cabinets, and some light electrical work. But the heavy equipment is all managed by vendor contracts

Electrical mostly. Technician level more then electrician level.

That’s good to know, I’ll check out what they have available. I’m loosely looking for a new job with more flexibility and less OT.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
I hope to not seem insensitive... but bro, if you live near a coastline that gets ransacked by hurricanes multiple times per year. I cant give you sympathy when you lose your house anymore. Gtfo of there

JC_451

Autocross Champion
^

If you is super wealthy and live by the beach then oh well.

If you live in a fishing town on the coast that gets blasted by a "curiously" strong hurricane you are certainly deserving of sympathy and whatever aid can be offered.