GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Ultimate "Driver's" Road Trip

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
You guys know that "happy car" feeling after maintenance or a wash, like your car is talking too you and thanking you for keeping it fresh?
Definitely! It's real, you can especially feel it after an oil change, tuneup, or major repair. It's like the car is saying, ''oh, YESSS!! thankyou!!
I'm not entirely convinced these aren't Italian cars, because they definitely feel like they prefer to be run hard as hell,
A mechanic at my Indy shop has actually said the same thing. I had my GTI in for some air cond work, refrigerant was low. They also had an 'R' in the shop, had about 50k miles LESS than my car, and it was a mess, had several things wrong with it. I heard the owner telling the mechanic how careful he was with the car, and was told, ''that right there is your problem.'' Although I don't race, I wind it out pretty good on the highway. These cars like to be run hard, for sure.

Cole2999

Autocross Champion
Definitely! It's real, you can especially feel it after an oil change, tuneup, or major repair. It's like the car is saying, ''oh, YESSS!! thankyou!!

A mechanic at my Indy shop has actually said the same thing. I had my GTI in for some air cond work, refrigerant was low. They also had an 'R' in the shop, had about 50k miles LESS than my car, and it was a mess, had several things wrong with it. I heard the owner telling the mechanic how careful he was with the car, and was told, ''that right there is your problem.'' Although I don't race, I wind it out pretty good on the highway. These cars like to be run hard, for sure.
Y'know, I think that's just a sports car thing in general. They're built with sportier parts, they're tuned to sportier driving, they like being driven with vigor.

Cole2999

Autocross Champion
Day 10: double digits baby
Started the day 45 minutes out from Austin, finished 45 minutes out from Austin. I spent most of the time exploring Austin for the fourth time, reminded of old memories. Pretty fun.
Ate some breakfast tacos at One Taco
Screenshot_20200527-080902.png

Saw some cool cars, as you do in Austin. Ferrari 488 Pista (no pic) and a brand new Ferrari F8 Tributo.
IMG_20200526_132604.jpg

Also saw this M4, which I love. I love all the 2dr M cars, but especially the M2 and 1M, zippy little go-karts.
IMG_20200526_120313.jpg

Also saw a Range Rover Velar, which isn't particularly cool or exciting or rare, but I like the Velar 🤷🏼‍♂️
IMG_20200526_180824.jpg

Kicked around for awhile, bought some sunglasses, went to Zumiez to try to find my favorite sunglasses that I lost day one of the trip
Screenshot_20200527-075625.png

Angular heart-shaped frameless glasses. (Picture lovingly provided by my girlfriend).
Chowed down on pizza for the first time in 2 weeks and I'm not sure if my body is crying out rejoicing.
Set up camp at Lake Travis
IMG_20200526_222454.jpg

First time this trip at an actual camp site

Jump to next day: day eleven

Last edited:

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
California and Texas don't even make pizza. I heard in CA they put kale on pizza and shit and it's all gluten free, fuck that trash.