GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intakes

Killingswitch

There is a lot of discussion about noise in this thread, what about power?

I know that the Mazdaspeed intake that you can buy for the 'speed3 adds 20+ HP (independant dyno test by a magazine) to that motor; lot of bang for the buck and it will not void the warranty if installed by a dealer

Any tests on these intakes? I could make the car noisier without spending much if it was noise I was looking for.

I agree. I want more power with less noise. nothing against you guys but I wanna make sure i dont end up turning it into a fast and furious car. if anyone knows of a good high flow exaust system thats not equally loud let me know. thanks.

TeutonicTurbo

Passed Driver's Ed
normally noise = powah
but if you're after a quiet, somewhat stock sound. APR/Carbonio intake will please you nicely

2010 Jerzy GTI

i just ordered a BSH intake for my gti. how do you disconnect the PCV hose off the intake near the turbo. I cant seem to get mine off.

Last edited:

MkVi_Ian

Ready to race!
i just ordered a BSH intake for my gti. how do you disconnect the PCV hose off the intake near the turbo. I cant seem to get mine off.

there are two clamps you my must take off. then just yank it out.

2010 Jerzy GTI

i saw the clamps on the turbo but i need to get the small pcv hose out of the small port on the intake. its plastic...i think it unscrews but i dont wanna break it.

pitbull592

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the link pitbull. I noticed in this components pics http://www.awe-tuning.com/media/products/awe/mk5_intake/AWE_CCB_TSI_800.jpg that they include the little "breather filter" with the set...? I don't think I need the breather filter...will that impact installation of the complete system at all or do you just leave it as a spare part?

I'm not sure, but feel free to join the mkv forum & ask the question? AWE is my sponsor, so next time I'm down at the shop I'll ask a tech. They do have a mkvi down there too I can look at.

drueb

I'm putting a BSH, (Stage 1 only) on my GTI Mark VI...it is currently in shipment...wish I knew where to get one for $169, before I ordered mine from BSH for $199! I will post my opinion on loudness/tone later on...

drueb

I have put my BSH TrueSeal Stage 1 on and have driven around with it for the last 2 or so weeks. I did notice a bit of an increase in power and acceleration. However, I did not notice much of an increase in exhaust sound...it is a bit deeper and throatier. I would have liked a little more sound. Would putting Stage 2 on make the exhaust note deeper/throatier? Or perhaps a nice catback exhaust system would do the trick.

I welcome all input...

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
If you are looking for the loudest system, I dont' think our system will win in that area. We designed ours with many goals in mind. Here they are:

1. Performance - Power/Torque Gains
2. Performance - Superior deflection of engin heat
3. Performance - Superior Mass Airflow
4. Correct MAF readings
6. Appealing and clean design
5. Comfortable, unobnoxious Sound levels

That being said, have you heard this comparison video?

Randum

Go Kart Champion
If you are looking for the loudest system, I dont' think our system will win in that area. We designed ours with many goals in mind. Here they are:

1. Performance - Power/Torque Gains
2. Performance - Superior deflection of engin heat
3. Performance - Superior Mass Airflow
4. Correct MAF readings
6. Appealing and clean design
5. Comfortable, unobnoxious Sound levels

That being said, have you heard this comparison video?

Exactly the same goals I have! Might save my pennies for this nice upgrade with the stage 1....now to ease my warranty woes with a talk with the dealer..