GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Neuspeed Discharge Pipe Review + Dyno before & after

GSXR

Passed Driver's Ed
How did the turbo outlet pipe connect to the turbo itself?

I picked up the Aspec one for $149. I'm not sure what you are asking because it doesn't connect directly to the turbo. If you look at these pipes on the car, there's a silicon hose on either side. One pipe has hose clamps on both sides and the other pipe has a hose clamp one one side and a clip on the other. I'd say my only complaint about the install was the sensor. Not sure what the sensor was for, flow or boost? But I had to stretch the cable to get it to fit. I unclipped the sensor cable first, installed the sensor and then reclipped the cable. I didn't have good lighting so I can't tell if I can cut a ziptie to relieve some of the tension. I'll take a look at it this weekend.

I also installed these one at a time. You know how these eBay parts can be but no leaks that I could tell from either pipe. I don't have a boost gage so I couldn't tell. On one of the pipes, it uses this clip design. It just doesn't seem like a good idea to hold boost but this is how it comes from the factory. The stock pipe has some retaining features which really holds the clip in place. It actually makes the removal much harder. The Aspec design still works but it's missing these retaining features so it seems less secure. It's not going to fall off but I may look at something to hold it better.

Otherwise, power seems to be about 10 hp. Honestly it feels a bit stronger but you know how the butt dyno can lie. It does, like others state, seem to change how the power comes one. It feels like I use less throttle to get the same power when I'm cruising. Overall, I recommend these parts. They look like decent quality parts and a deal for the price.

BTW, a tip for the install. Heat up the silicon and it comes off much easier. I struggled with these parts for 1/2 an hour and the got out the heat gun and it came right off.

stockton2007

Go Kart Champion
I picked up the Aspec one for $149. I'm not sure what you are asking because it doesn't connect directly to the turbo. If you look at these pipes on the car, there's a silicon hose on either side. One pipe has hose clamps on both sides and the other pipe has a hose clamp one one side and a clip on the other. I'd say my only complaint about the install was the sensor. Not sure what the sensor was for, flow or boost? But I had to stretch the cable to get it to fit. I unclipped the sensor cable first, installed the sensor and then reclipped the cable. I didn't have good lighting so I can't tell if I can cut a ziptie to relieve some of the tension. I'll take a look at it this weekend.

I also installed these one at a time. You know how these eBay parts can be but no leaks that I could tell from either pipe. I don't have a boost gage so I couldn't tell. On one of the pipes, it uses this clip design. It just doesn't seem like a good idea to hold boost but this is how it comes from the factory. The stock pipe has some retaining features which really holds the clip in place. It actually makes the removal much harder. The Aspec design still works but it's missing these retaining features so it seems less secure. It's not going to fall off but I may look at something to hold it better.

Otherwise, power seems to be about 10 hp. Honestly it feels a bit stronger but you know how the butt dyno can lie. It does, like others state, seem to change how the power comes one. It feels like I use less throttle to get the same power when I'm cruising. Overall, I recommend these parts. They look like decent quality parts and a deal for the price.

BTW, a tip for the install. Heat up the silicon and it comes off much easier. I struggled with these parts for 1/2 an hour and the got out the heat gun and it came right off.

Thanks for the info. May give these a shot. Let me know what you come up with to secure the the discharge pipe better without the retaining clip.

Anyone see any reasons why the air charge pipe couldn't be tapped for a w/m nozzle?

daz_pd

Passed Driver's Ed
Already been answered

well sorry your highness, but I read through the thread and didnt see it, perhaps you could point me in the right direction if thats not too much trouble rather than such an uninformative/unhelpful comment.

twistid

Ready to race!
well sorry your highness, but I read through the thread and didnt see it, perhaps you could point me in the right direction if thats not too much trouble rather than such an uninformative/unhelpful comment.

Can't, no time other than to say its been answered! ;)

I believe in you young padawan, search and you will find the answer you seek!

808bahn

Ready to race!
No problem. It will fit.

guys I have an S3 intercooler with S3 hoses fitted, if I buy the discharge pipe, will it fit?

twistid

Ready to race!

What do you mean heat up the silicone? The silicone hoses or....? Thanks for your long review too, i will purchase them :)

s0n1cm0nk3y1

Ready to race!

This makes me really curious how these hold up without boost leaks. Any chance when you get your gauge you can then chime in on how well it holds boost?

GSXR

Passed Driver's Ed
This makes me really curious how these hold up without boost leaks. Any chance when you get your gauge you can then chime in on how well it holds boost?

Exactly. But it comes like this stock and after my stage 1 tune it still holds fine with either stock or Aspec pipe.

I've had boost leaks before and usually it's easy to tell.

twistid

Ready to race!
I just sent An offer for $150 , if he accepts then I'll buy it. I also have boost leak tester so i can check for leaks as well.

OneHotHatch

Ready to race!
Im k04 with APR Intercooler...will the connection be something i need to worry about? From all the reading im guess Nuespeed for sure.. but as for charge pipe and shit... Im fucking lost What would you smart minds do? Also talking about the TOP of course....