GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Group Buy: Depo R LED Taillights

Status
Not open for further replies.

palma

Ready to race!
Got the tracking number :) thanks

As for the signature required, this blows. Is there a way to change that through fed ex? I will not be home during the delivery of the tails. Maybe I can just write a note saying to leave the package with my signature on the note?

OnePerfectDose

Ready to race!
Got the tracking number :) thanks

As for the signature required, this blows. Is there a way to change that through fed ex? I will not be home during the delivery of the tails. Maybe I can just write a note saying to leave the package with my signature on the note?

I leave a note to authorize them leaving it at my door. You can also contact FedEx and request they hold it, then you can pick it up at your local facility.

@Malicious

That's what I was showing you on your driverside, your OEM outer was sticking out on the lower corner area. Check behind to make sure nothing is pushing it out. Then push on that corner specifically as you tighten the bolt in back.

Each car is different so everyone mounts differently. Use the razor method above to smooth out the edge. If you need help call me.

palma

Ready to race!
I leave a note to authorize them leaving it at my door. You can also contact FedEx and request they hold it, then you can pick it up at your local facility.

That's what I figured. Thanks. I can't wait!

Luna

Passed Driver's Ed
I have an install tip for you guys.

If you just install your lights the gap between the two lights is aproximately .17" -.21"

What I did was tape a thin little plastic shim. On the edge of the tail light. I noticed these shims on the OEM lights but not these. If you look at your oem set you will see two clear little shims on the outter lights. By doing this the gap closed up to about .12"-.19" I didn't measure what the OEM set gap was but I do notice the. 05" difference in spacing. With that said the OEM set still has a noticeably tighter gap.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Shims on the outer or inter? Can you take a photo?

Luna

Passed Driver's Ed
Can you tell me which is lower or higher?

Attachments

• LEDtail.jpg
    LEDtail.jpg
    411.3 KB · Views: 347

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
Shims on the outer or inter? Can you take a photo?

On the outer lights. If you take a look at your halogen set you can see the clear little plastic bumpers. After I put a little bumper on the the Depo set I am much more happy with the fitment. After doing this it tightened up the gap between the inner and outer lights. It also made the edge of the outter lights sit significantly more flush with the body.

Luna

Passed Driver's Ed
On the outer lights. If you take a look at your halogen set you can see the clear little plastic bumpers. After I put a little bumper on the the Depo set I am much more happy with the fitment. After doing this it tightened up the gap between the inner and outer lights. It also made the edge of the outter lights sit significantly more flush with the body.

I will try this. Thanks!

PDPCEO

Ready to race!
what color you all think on blue graphite metallic -- TDI

VgRt6

Ready to race!
Lights showed up today. Finally! Ate dinner quickly and went down to the garage to put them in. The inners are in. I'll putt the outers in after the kids go to bed.

Initial thoughts ...

The lights look really good. Quality, looking at the lens side, is great. When looking at the back side and the seal, you can tell they're not OEM, but it's not a big deal.

The inners were a little harder to get on than the lights that came off the car. There are small differences in the shape of the backside that seem to cause this. It took a minute or two to figure out what I was doing wrong or what had to be done differently. I finally got them on and they look great!

Packaging was excellent. The lenses on my inners each had a small area of scratching, but the rest of inner lenses and the lenses on the outers were scratch free. I was able to polish out most of the scratches with plastic polish. The scratching is not from shipping. Clearly someone was being careless during manufacturing or handling and put the lights lens down on a bench ... or the ground.

I'm really happy so far with the quality, fit and look. I'll post pictures later after the install is finished.

Detroitquattro

Lights showed up today. Finally! Ate dinner quickly and went down to the garage to put them in. The inners are in. I'll putt the outers in after the kids go to bed.

Initial thoughts ...

The lights look really good. Quality, looking at the lens side, is great. When looking at the back side and the seal, you can tell they're not OEM, but it's not a big deal.

The inners were a little harder to get on than the lights that came off the car. There are small differences in the shape of the backside that seem to cause this. It took a minute or two to figure out what I was doing wrong or what had to be done differently. I finally got them on and they look great!

Packaging was excellent. The lenses on my inners each had a small area of scratching, but the rest of inner lenses and the lenses on the outers were scratch free. I was able to polish out most of the scratches with plastic polish. The scratching is not from shipping. Clearly someone was being careless during manufacturing or handling and put the lights lens down on a bench ... or the ground.

I'm really happy so far with the quality, fit and look. I'll post pictures later after the install is finished.

Congrats on your install! Received mine and installed tonight as well. My thoughts exactly regarding quality. The inners are harder to get in as you have to hook the outside edge and then swing into place.

What is everyone doing about the inner resister boxes? Mine fit into the trim hole well (as suggested in the first post) but the double sided tape doesn't have enough pressure to stick to anything. So the boxes are just hanging in there :(

lamb110

Go Kart Champion
Well I dont know what happened but the lights started working... I had the hatch open when I was testing them. Looks fucking good, but its a shitty picture,

rkellis

Ready to race!
Congrats on your install! Received mine and installed tonight as well. My thoughts exactly regarding quality. The inners are harder to get in as you have to hook the outside edge and then swing into place.

What is everyone doing about the inner resister boxes? Mine fit into the trim hole well (as suggested in the first post) but the double sided tape doesn't have enough pressure to stick to anything. So the boxes are just hanging in there :(

I used the pink foam blocks that came with the shipment. Cut the middle out of them to fit the black resistor in the remaining gap. You will also have to peel one layer of the pink foam off so it will fit between the trim and hatch base panel. Works like a champ with no possibility of rattling down the road. Turned out pretty nice overall... I also had some issues getting the inner lights as well. Rotating them over the edge was the trick. I also used the bubble wrap that came with the shipment to encase the outer resistor boxes. The outer resistor boxes are sitting snugly behind the trim carpet. I posted a few picks of the final product earlier in this thread, and would recommend these to anyone interested in doing LED tails. Happy modding!

Status
Not open for further replies.