GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Group Buy: Depo R LED Taillights

Status
Not open for further replies.

palma

Ready to race!
Damn signature required bs. Mine were supposed to be here today but since I work (duh) I couldn't be there to sign. Even with my attempt to put up a note saying I authorize them to leave the package at the doorstep they still failed to do so. Looks like I'm going to have to wait another day now. Now I have to sign their stupid paper saying they can leave it, which is exactly what I attempted with my note.

OnePerfectDose

Ready to race!
Damn signature required bs. Mine were supposed to be here today but since I work (duh) I couldn't be there to sign. Even with my attempt to put up a note saying I authorize them to leave the package at the doorstep they still failed to do so. Looks like I'm going to have to wait another day now. Now I have to sign their stupid paper saying they can leave it, which is exactly what I attempted with my note.

Palma,

Call FedEx and request them to hold it at their facility. They can hold it so you dont have a shiny box on your door step.

Chef_R_Gamie

Ready to race!
Congrats on your install! Received mine and installed tonight as well. My thoughts exactly regarding quality. The inners are harder to get in as you have to hook the outside edge and then swing into place.

What is everyone doing about the inner resister boxes? Mine fit into the trim hole well (as suggested in the first post) but the double sided tape doesn't have enough pressure to stick to anything. So the boxes are just hanging in there :(

Go to Home Depot and get heavy duty mounting double sided...put 4 squares .. One on each corner of the resistor box and make sure you get a good squeeze when fitting ... Should come off after this mine have been perfect

palma

Ready to race!
Palma,

Call FedEx and request them to hold it at their facility. They can hold it so you dont have a shiny box on your door step.

I wish it was that easy. Lol. Since they already attempted delivery they will drop it off at a pickup location but it would be tomorrow. So I'd rather it just go to my house tomorrow. No matter what I do it's tomorrow now. :(

Also the one they would hold the package at is 40 min drive from me.

Last edited:

corydd

Go Kart Champion
I just got my Depos and I have to say I couldn't be happier with the way they look. I have to give a shout out to Joseph (OnePerfectDose) who personally came out to meet me (we work like two blocks from each other) and install them. He took the time to make sure all the resistor boxes were snugly tucked away and that the lights all fit perfectly. The lights look fantastic and they threw no codes on my dash.

Thanks Joseph!

palma

Ready to race!
Also got mine today during my lunch hour. I was able to take a peek at them before going back to work and for what little time I had I can tell you these look great! No noticable flaws just a great set of tail lights. Worth the money for sure.

I will be installing them later today. I can't wait!

timmytwitch

I got mine on Tuesday and installed them today during my lunch. I'll post pics once I was the car. PS. Black Cherry on a CSG looks evil.

I think I'll have to get better tape as I wasn't able to get a good stick on the inner ones.

OnePerfectDose

Ready to race!
I got mine on Tuesday and installed them today during my lunch. I'll post pics once I was the car. PS. Black Cherry on a CSG looks evil.

I think I'll have to get better tape as I wasn't able to get a good stick on the inner ones.

Cant wait for the pics... You can try industrial Velcro which you can pick up anywhere. I had a hell of a time in cold weather installing corydd's lights.

MooreHeat

Ready to race!

Where I put the resistor boxes.... Gonna switch to Velcro though... Double side tape is slacking

GS3 via tappy tap

palma

Ready to race!
I put my outer resistor boxes in that exact same place as you^. The innerspring do not stick well, they are already broken free and rattling inside the hatch plastic. Lol I'll post pics tomorrow. I'm super happy the way they came out.

j2z1

Ready to race!
I know fucking fedex, I left that note signed and they never read it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

OnePerfectDose

Ready to race!
@moore @palma,

OUTERS: Require 1/2" Self Tapping Screw
Check out my installation. On each side I screw down my resistors. I've done this on about 5 cars and no complaints. The image below is on the passenger side. On the driverside, there is a pocket where you can push the resistor to the top and drill the resistor backwards (face toward driverside). Both tabs will be upwards.

INNERS: Industrial Velcro
On the inners, I used velcro from Home Depot on the last 2 and they have been better than the double sided tape.

@Hinnenk1amp,

I dont get it? :confused:

MooreHeat

Ready to race!
@moore @palma,

OUTERS: Require 1/2" Self Tapping Screw
Check out my installation. On each side I screw down my resistors. I've done this on about 5 cars and no complaints. The image below is on the passenger side. On the driverside, there is a pocket where you can push the resistor to the top and drill the resistor backwards (face toward driverside). Both tabs will be upwards.

INNERS: Industrial Velcro
On the inners, I used velcro from Home Depot on the last 2 and they have been better than the double sided tape.

I'll give it a shot thanks

GS3 via tappy tap

Status
Not open for further replies.