GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HYDE16 Reviews - GFB T9351 DV+ Diverter Valve Kit

PaulyFe12

Ready to race!
Point taken so I guess that's fine, also read that the rev d is a plastic against metal design which can leak boost, and the spring in the gfb Dv is too stiff and won't allow full boost

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
I don't get what you're saying here....the GFB DV+ main spring is stronger and will hold the piston face closed allowing maximum psi/boost pressure within the system (not allowing any leaks). Removing the main spring allows the DV+ to function like the Rev D piston based DV which may potentially leak a slight amount of boost.

PaulyFe12

Ready to race!
Oh I thought the spring was working the other way, inhibiting full boost but not allowing it to open fully, clearly I had my idea if the system wrong. Seems like people just don't like the gfb DV cause they have the rev d

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
People also tend to freak out when the car logs a soft code. It doesn't cause a CEL. IIRC the car just sees more boost than it expects after a quick shift. Can only be seen with VAGCOM or APR Mobile, not OBDII generic systems.

goose1

Ready to race!
For manual cars keep the shorter fatter spring in, for DSG cars the consensus seems to run the DV+ without it.
Why would that be? I installed it as is but still have the old dv kicking around somewhere. Should I bother with swapping the springs out or would there not be any real difference being DSG?

sent via carrier potato

PaulyFe12

Ready to race!
Ive been using everything including the spring that came with the GFB DV and I drive a DSG and I dont sense anything is wrong at all

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Why would that be? I installed it as is but still have the old dv kicking around somewhere. Should I bother with swapping the springs out or would there not be any real difference being DSG?

sent via carrier potato

Ive been using everything including the spring that came with the GFB DV and I drive a DSG and I dont sense anything is wrong at all

It's weird, I've been compiling feedback here and on FB and it seems the DSG guys don't like the fatter spring. I'm going to post a separate feedback thread and will circle back to share it here.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion

krnboy817

Passed Driver's Ed

just installed mine and i have dsg. placed it in with all the springs and not having any issues. i do how ever see a higher max boost after installing. im stock tune and im used to 10psi but im seeing 12 - 13 psi on 4th gear pulls. not sure if anyone else is feeling this but my accel pedal seems firmer than before and far more sensitive.

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
Is anyone noticing a power difference with this? I was always under the impression that the OEM DV for the 12+ worked just as well as aftermarket options

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Is anyone noticing a power difference with this? I was always under the impression that the OEM DV for the 12+ worked just as well as aftermarket options

In lower gears or stop and go traffic I was hard pressed to notice a difference in performance or noise due to the low requested/actual boost levels. Since I was already used to the quiet operation of the Unitronic 2.0 TSI Diverter Valve Relocation Kit, the addition of the GFB T9351 DV+ Diverter Valve Kit yielded no additional noise increase or decrease. The next day I had a long highway commute where I could stretch out the OEM turbo and reach peak OEM boost levels (~10psi). This is where I was really able to measure the response feedback. Without a doubt, the GFB T9351 DV+ Diverter Valve Kit made NOTICEABLE difference in how the car reacts under high boost or full throttle. Originally, with the Unitronic 2.0 TSI Diverter Valve Relocation Kit, OEM K03/IHI turbo and OEM Volkswagen software, boost would peak to ~10psi but would scale back slightly in the high end of the rpm range. With the GFB T9351 DV+ Diverter Valve Kit boost was pinned at the max through every full throttle pull and the boost delivery also felt a tad more linear. At peak OEM boost levels (~10psi) I did realize a very small increase in additional noise but this was more of a sharper boost ventilation when off throttle. Some people have said that the pigeon fluttering noise (wastegate, not compressor surge) is still apparent with the GFB T9351 DV+ Diverter Valve Kit installed. I do not currently have this noise but it could be a factor of Stage 1 / Stage 2 software / K04 / Intake combinations. Next up was actually running VagCom logs where I saw a tighter grouping of requested vs. actual boost when compared with multiple data logs I ran with the 06H 145 710 C OEM diverter valve and Unitronic 2.0 TSI Diverter Valve Relocation Kit before installing the GFB T9351 DV+ Diverter Valve Kit. Improving OEM boost levels (~10psi) is great and all but I really look forward to providing response and noise feedback when I test the same hardware with Stage 2 software and finally with my APR K04 kit in Spring. At the end of the day, it’s completely a matter of preference or data for each individual application.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Great review. I'm pretty sure my diverter valve is torn (rev. G), I can't decide between buying GFB DV+ or just a rev D. If I buy the GFB DV+ kit, do I still need to buy a new DV since the one on my car is broken?

Torito77

Ready to race!
I have installed my DV+ for more than 10 months now. Been to 10 track days. Won more than half of them. Never had a problem nor a soft code (uni re alocation kit). This past week I switched to oem rev D.... Boost levels were similar (a 0.9% lower) but the response and sound does not match the DV+. Tested this because there was so much talk lately. My DV+ is back in my car. That's my story. I could try removing the extra spring of the DV+ but honestly I think the test will not change my current set up.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk