GOLFMKV

HYDE16 Reviews - GFB T9351 DV+ Diverter Valve Kit

Velociraptor Thrust

Go Kart Champion
This.

0 misfires
0 CELs
0 soft codes

If you're experiencing misfires make sure the installation is correct. I'm not trying to offend anyone but did you make sure the guide pin / orientation hole was lined up on the turbo when you cranked down the 3 allen bolts?
Yep. Made very sure the dv was seated 100%. Also the misfire happened once, at the top of 4th. I haven't had a chance to try it again. Will soon though.

JT641

Banned
I got a miss fire once and that was it, Went and did Vag-Com and cleared the codes and it's been running great since then :thumbup:

Torito77

Ready to race!
I love this product. Throttle response is faster and boost is on my máximum leves.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

legitmk6

Ready to race!
If this has already been addressed please forgive me... I've had the GFB DV + for over a year and now am starting to see my AWE boost gauge hit 30psi in 6th gear at 100-120 mph? I'm in the process of getting another OEM DV valve replaced today... Last one replaced 2 weeks ago. Is there any theory or reason to believe that the addition of this piece is leading to premature OEM DV valve failure?

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
If this has already been addressed please forgive me... I've had the GFB DV + for over a year and now am starting to see my AWE boost gauge hit 30psi in 6th gear at 100-120 mph? I'm in the process of getting another OEM DV valve replaced today... Last one replaced 2 weeks ago. Is there any theory or reason to believe that the addition of this piece is leading to premature OEM DV valve failure?

You're experiencing the total opposite of a DV failure... In my opinion. You're boosting under the HIGHEST load possible (6th gear). I can do that in every gear, just with the RPMs low. I hit 30 in 3rd... 4th.... And 5th and 6th is a joke to hit 30. It's just because you're under high load. Try to hit 30psi at 5000 rpm, if you can do that then I would say something is odd.

A DV failure would cause you to not hold boost properly. You would be seeing minimal boost at higher RPMs.

legitmk6

Ready to race!
^^ that was an on ramp pull to make a couple logs.. From 3rd I believe. I also had oil in the clip too...

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
^^ that was an on ramp pull to make a couple logs.. From 3rd I believe. I also had oil in the clip too...

Doesn't make sense. So those drops in boost were when you were shifting? I thought tou were letting off and getting back on in 6th gear to show us. What RPM were you shifting INTO? Were they redline shifts? For example, I have a manual boost controller, and for redline shifts, I won't see greater than 22/23 after. If I start in 3rd at 3k, I can hit 28/30. You're telling me you're holding 30 throughout the gears?

Is your boost gauge off? Lol

legitmk6

Ready to race!
Yep boost gauge has been determined to be the culprit... I'm sitting at around 10 vacuum...I have an awe boost gauge. Tech attached an analog gauge and it sat at 20 vacuum. Needless to say I've already paid for a new DV valve and removed the GFB.

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
Yep boost gauge has been determined to be the culprit... I'm sitting at around 10 vacuum...I have an awe boost gauge. Tech attached an analog gauge and it sat at 20 vacuum. Needless to say I've already paid for a new DV valve and removed the GFB.

Regardless of the unnecessary purchases, I'm glad you narrowed it down and figured it out!

PaulyFe12

Ready to race!
I am looking to relieve the whistle that comes with a aftermarket intake on our mk6 gti's. but theres the thing I want performance from the new DV if I can but heres what I wanna know, apparently the REV D and GFB DV relieve the whistle, but for little more than double the price of the REV D, the GFB DV looks like a expensive fix for a whistle. So can you guys help me out as to whether or not the GFB DV has a proven ability to increase performance in some way that would warrant its price tag over the REV D.

PaulyFe12

Ready to race!
I've been reading a lot I praise for the gfb dv but I have read a few people have said that the spring in the gfb DV puts a lot if stress on hoses and isn't a good idea to run it with the uni relocation kit. Need some insight