GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Chicagoland Chat Redux: The Triumphant Return of Boostedballs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
yeah I have cards, but I try to avoid using them for non emergencies. I'm not trying to go into massive debt to soothe my need for racecar things.
I only buy what I can afford and pay for flat out

This is a good idea

Jaber

Modero
Will post before and after pics for sure. Was weary about getting springs after this god awful winter, but I figure DG springs are the safest bet in Chicago.

Any reason you're going with dealer? Versus one of the reputable shops?

EDIT:

Balls. Replied too late.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Will post before and after pics for sure. Was weary about getting springs after this god awful winter, but I figure DG springs are the safest bet in Chicago.

I've got DG's. I commute from Lakeview to Deerfield. DG's were fine through the winter.

BobLobLaw

Go Kart Champion
Any reason you're going with dealer? Versus one of the reputable shops?

Already need my 20k service, and figured fug it. Also warranty stuff. Also, reputable shops weren't that much cheaper anyway.

BobLobLaw

Go Kart Champion
Spoken like a true lawyer!

Fun fact:

BobLobLaw

Go Kart Champion

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
Fun fact:
Lawyers at my firm do a lot of dictation. Then their secretaries transcribe it into a letter. Then the lawyers review the draft and dictate corrections for their secretaries to make. Shit takes forever. I'm like, "Why don't you just type your own letter? Wouldn't that give you a quicker turnaround time for your important document?". I imagine the answer would be something like "Yeah, but then I'd have to physically do something". :lol:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Just made my appointment at Autobarn City VW for my 20k service for this Saturday morning. Talked to Conrad about installing my DG springs. They initially quoted me $730 for spring install and alignment (insane, obviously). After talking to Conrad, I talked them down to $550 for spring install and alignment. Also getting a loaner car for the day.

Dem negotiating skillz doe.:D

Sidenote - City VW no longer does APR tunes. They did my Stage 1, but no mas.

Yeah, i heard they were dropping APR.. I wonder if Autobarn is too, I think I heard that as well.

$550 with an alignment is "ok" , and pretty good for a stealership. DG springs are great, imho.

yeah I have cards, but I try to avoid using them for non emergencies. I'm not trying to go into massive debt to soothe my need for racecar things.
I only buy what I can afford and pay for flat out

smart^^

Holy shit.

Holy shit.

I wish we could add in our posts from the sex lair. We probably had a couple thousand from there too.

sex lair... the other site?

550 is still insane if you ask me. What happened to the dude in Indiana you were going to go to?

Also you'll be 2 blocks from my house if you're going over to city vw. You should stop by and we can do that thing, and I can undress your car with my eyes cuz I'm sure it'll be looking sexxxay once it's dropped.

Yeah, Tan would have been a great choice and probably worth the drive on a saturday or whatever, no doubt, but this way its closer perhaps for him, done at the dealer and he'll get the alignment too.

wait a few days for them to settle before after pics.

How hard can springs be? Are these things coil overs/have to be compressed to put on the shock? I never even looked. Sounds like a mod day is in order to save yourself $400.

true true..

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
word, I do like the fact that VW warranties DG springs. I thought about getting those instead of the eibach pro kit, but meh.

They do? ;) technically, they can deny anything on those.. They are VW OEM parts, but not made for the GTI ;)

BobLobLaw

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, i heard they were dropping APR.. I wonder if Autobarn is too, I think I heard that as well.

$550 with an alignment is "ok" , and pretty good for a stealership. DG springs are great, imho.

smart^^

sex lair... the other site?

Yeah, Tan would have been a great choice and probably worth the drive on a saturday or whatever, no doubt, but this way its closer perhaps for him, done at the dealer and he'll get the alignment too.

wait a few days for them to settle before after pics.

true true..

I still plan to hit up Tan to install my Billy Boat DP once I get that in, unless someone here wants to help me do that on the cheap.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
They do? ;) technically, they can deny anything on those.. They are VW OEM parts, but not made for the GTI ;)

yeah they do, from what I understand at least.... unless the internet has lied to me??

but I thought they passed some sort of law stating everything you read online has to be true.

boblob chime in here

Status
Not open for further replies.