Official Chicagoland Chat Redux: The Triumphant Return of Boostedballs

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
Modding is a hobby

You drive your car every day, might as well enjoy it

Otherwise get an econo shit box Toyota or Honda

I agree. The main problem is lack of funds. When I add up how much I spent on my TA it makes me puke.

Cam ($400), heads ($1500 used), headers ($900?), transmissions ($2200+ $600 converter), rearends ($2200), suspensions ($600), dyno tunes ($600), tires ($1200), wheels (multiple sets- drags, show, $2500+), etc etc etc.

The result was a 10 second quarter mile car that wasn't fun to drive anymore because it was always broken or driveability sucked. I had no problem picking on anyone and everyone though :cool:

But yes, I have no problem spending money on something I can enjoy every day. Like I Said, lack of funds is main problem.

Other hobbies= remodeling my house
cameras
running
biking

all expensive hobbies!

anyone else have an opinion on where to take my car around here thats super mod friendly?

Autobarn City tuned me and my experience is always good when I go there.

hvltg

Ready to race!
autobarn, tek in service has a stage 2 gti and the owners son has a modded R. I think they're cool about it.

where you able to get that euro switch and city light leds working proper?

hvltg

Ready to race!
I wired up the euro switch and that works now, Haven't put the LED city lights in yet, every time I have a few minutes to do it, it's already dark out and I can't see :(

Oh how I envy you guys that have garages.

:w00t:

reillyse

Go Kart Champion
So Autobarn in Mount Prospect is the "prefered" Autobarn for modded cars it sounds like. Will try and make appointment today.

Jaber

Modero
I wired up the euro switch and that works now, Haven't put the LED city lights in yet, every time I have a few minutes to do it, it's already dark out and I can't see :(

Oh how I envy you guys that have garages.

For years I was without a garage, until I got married and bought our townhome. While it's not a big garage, it fits what I need. I used to have to bum off friends garage and pay them with food or beer.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do

For years I was without a garage, until I got married and bought our townhome. While it's not a big garage, it fits what I need. I used to have to bum off friends garage and pay them with food or beer.

This is where I'm at currently. The new place I'm moving to next week has a nice spot out back that I'll have room to work on it, still not a garage but it'll do.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Ive used a light steel wool on the tips, it does work very well...however it does lose a lot of the shine from using this method. Perhaps, the polish will restore the shine from the scratches the steel wool causes.

Jaber

Modero
Dumb question, to those with leather.

This is first time owning a car with leather. How often do you guys clean/condition them?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Dang - I need to post more.

this^

and who's sister did I bang???

that^

nope.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

dang, doe.

Why do the meats always have to be tuesdays? I'm on call tuesdays so I can never come.

this^

I believe there was a prior lawsuit by CVO, iirc. :iono: There was talk of thursday nights.

One of mine ?!?!?

:paddle:

this/that^/how many sisters you got?/they hot?

Just got back from olympic park, standing by my car talking to my friend...STI hatchback pulls up, asks me if im modified. i say stage 1 with dsg, explain what dsg is.. he asks me how it pulls..i say good but traction is an issue. Dude then said he really likes our cars and i said thanks dude if i had the money id buy an sti. Cool story bro. < first parking lot shout out that has me feeling sky high right now. dat superior interior. :happyanim:

Also i put the buona beef location into my nav but passed it up cause i wouldve been there 45 mins early.

Maybe you veteran members can help me out with this. I noticed i have like a tin foilish rattle sound under moderate acceleration and windows down...awhile back i heard rumor of the stock downpipe rattling? Any truth to this and can anyone help me out? Thanks .

cool starry bra.

would anyone be interested in a used (installed 4/14/12, about 15,000 miles) apr TSI k04 turbo? I could have it out of my car in about 2 hours.

oh no'ze. You dumping it for sure, Dave?! Getting the XT or? what is APR saying about everything?

Wastegate is rattling... Dealer should have a weighted clip that they install under warranty to mitigate it. It will still rattle a little though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

this^ had mine done. dat TSB.

Meanwhile at STI forum

"ran into dude in a parking lot with GTI. Asked what interior mods he has, sasid he was stage 1 leather conditioner. Jelly. "

-Sent from the superior interior

"guy had a GTI.. I kicked his ass in a race, but man... thinking about trading for one now... dat superior interior just blew my balls off."

Show the stats for the recently closed thread!

will do, FAP WAP.

In4fullstats

good^

In4ballstistics.

-Sent from the superior interior

gooder^

Thanks man, you ever deal with this or anyone that has? If so something they can do in less than an hour? Dem keurig cups.Arent you supposed to be at buona right now? lol

Right, that or "trolled a gti into thinking his fwd k03 nuts was cool."

I had it done on my GTI, not sure on the A3 - well, didn't matter now that I think of it, K03 wasn't on there long, lol.

it may take longer than hour, depending on how far you drive to the dealer, as i believe they have to wait for shit to cool down before doing it.

a 2010+ STI hatchback cant be much faster than a 2005 wrx.

Wow I just found this new thread.

WADDUP

YO, SON. WHAT IT BE?

Whats up guys! Not new to the forums, but pretty new to the Chicago area. Quick question.

I have been throwing the dreaded p2015 code, meaning I most likely need a new Intake Manifold. What dealer do you guys recommend I take it to in order to get the new mani done for free under warranty? Ive heard good things about Autobarn b/c they are an APR dealer. Any other suggestions? Mods in sig. I would also like to get flashed to the new APR V3 K04 file at the same time, but I feel like that may be pushing my luck. Thanks in advance brosephs:thumbsup:

Autobarn city or MP.

Love the pic of the 135 douche btw lmfao!!

ohhhh, which one is that? I just thought EJ lost some weight or something.

new thread? hope im in the right one

YES'TH.

The last time I started going to meets I ended up trading in my Magnum RT for a Magnum SRT8. I've learned my lesson.

#car"clubs"

I did the same thing about 10 years ago.. WRX for my first STI.

Autobarn in Mount Prospect seems to have a good mod-friendly rep.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.