GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
B6JoeS4
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Unfortunately I have not resolved the issue yet. The problem comes and goes now. This week I haven't had any issues but next week it might be back again. I found a thread on another MK6 forum where someone had the same issue and they resolved it by having the KESSY module replaced. I am trading in or selling my car in a couple months so I don't think I am going to fix it. The part is around $150 and the dealer has to do it because it has to be programmed to the car and then the keys have to be programmed to it. That would be the best place to start I think. If you do it and it fixes you issue, please let me know.
    B
    Hey! I recently viewed this post by you (below). I'm having the exact same issues! How did you end up solving this issue? It is driving me crazy. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm having some issues with my KESSY system in my 2012, hopefully someone can help. I have already replaced the key battery several times. I only have one key so I cannot isolate it to my key.

Issue 1: Sometimes when I get out of the car, the car doors lock automatically. Then if I try to push the lock button on my remote, it doesn't respond and the red light on the key stays on and flashes rapidly, but not in a uniform flash. It's more of a flicker. Since the car is locked I just walk away and all is well. BUT then when i return to the car to unlock it, it will not unlock by touching the handle, I have to use the button on the fob.

Issue 2: Sometimes if I try to lock the car with the key fob, nothing happens. So then of course I try to lock it again....and again...and again. Then, all the sudden the car responds to the command and proceeds to lock itself however many times I pressed the button. It's like an old computer that is slow to interpret commands.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…