GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
G
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• stay in glasgow the wrap cost £200 on the roof and it is spot on as the car is washed reg one of the best mods iv had done
    doing economics and geography, was doing accountancy but hated it... yeh the night lifes good, full of irish here and paddys day was a riot :) yeh same a lot of the cruisers in ggow are the corsa with big 4" exhaust and little clios with stupid wide boykits on them... rather be on the classy side haha
    ah ryt cool. what you studyin? i was so close to goin to dundee. Its got a class campus. whats night life like there? car cruising would be quite big here and there would be quite a few meet up and cruises planned but i aint really got into the cruising. most of the ones at it are wee corsas and cars similar to that. not really my scene lol!
    at uni in dundee but home in glasgow half the week anyways, car scenes not too big up here in dundee.... friday night in glasgow are good so keeps me going through the week
    yeh Money is a big problem lol. all the parts are so expensive in uk! yeh the show was unbelievable will deff enter next year. aww a mod car cruise would be cool! i had me mk5 over in glassgow at new year there. was over for a few days. You at uni?
    yeh im looking at that 100 quid grille, when i get the money wil be sure to buy it. yeh not too sure on the skirts yet :/ will need to look it up more but found a nice set of maxton skirts for 100 which was okay, just need fitted and painted which is an extra cost... wish there were more shows about too, have got a glasgow cruise on 3rd april with all the modded cars which should be good
    i got my grille on ebay last week for about 45 quid but it had a small crack but i filled it up sanded and resprayed and just like new! lol was a bargain. i phoned up vw and to buy the grill through them its about 230 pounds. yeh the grills on ebay are going for about 100 quid or so. the skirts i have on my car are the actual gti ones but they dont really add much to the body and so dont really make the car look lower. they cost 200 pound.i quite fancy a front and rear votex lip for the car. i was at a big dub festival there in belfast today called dubshed with hundreds of pimped out vw and that has motivated me to do more to the car. wish i had entered me car in it today! lol theres always next year i guess!
    ahh might just check out the accessory spoiler then, save the hassle but will see its look first. Saw the gti grill on ebay for 102 pound so think i'll go for it and no rush to fit if at least ive got it ready. Yeh im looking for skirts too just to make the car look lower without touching the suspension and alter any handling
    When i was buyin the car i twisted the dealers arm to give me a good price on the GTI spoiler and the side skirts and so they fitted it. although from what they said it was quite difficult. the spoiler was bloody expensive about 300 quid! you have to get a new brake light etc. the dealer after fitting mine said they will never try and fit another gti spoiler to a standard cause its not made for it lol the vw accessory spoiler is made for the standard lol! whoops!
    ps your spoiler an add on aswell? hard to install? was planning on getting cause does make a big difference to the car
    yeh the exhaust is sounding really good, on full rev relates slightly with the r32 which was quite lucky i guess :) yeh the photos came up on the grille thread fine, and i saw your thread on the wheels and it came up fine too
    ah right yeh im on my own insurance and in me last golf i had a break in and 800 quids worth stolen so the insurance company didnt like that lol! ill give them a ring next week and see. yeh i agree single exhaust are crap. i would like the single out each side but the duplex backboxes cost quite a bit. is your exhaust as nice sounding as it looks? lol here just as a matter of interest see in your post about the grille did my photos come up alright or not? its just in one of my threads someone is complaining that a photo didn't come up and im wondering if im doing it wrong!
    i know what you mean, lucky im on company insurance so the price of insurance never changes no matter what i do to the motor. If your going for an exhaust id say either the way ive done it like the r32 or two singles at each side of the car like the gti. dont go for a single on its own :/ im not a big fan of that on our car, maybe if your driving a corsa c :)
    Im in the exact same situation as you im 21 and mines 1.4 also. I had a mkv 1.4 before and just changed in january to mk6 1.4 . Insurance companies rob us! The exhaust looks well. Im thinking of putting a new exhaust on but really am unsure what to get! don't even know whether my insurance company will like me changing the exhaust! thats the downside to living in the UK! if we were in USA we would be driving GTIs lol.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…