GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. T

Would bad N75 affect specified boost?

Just as the title reads, would a bad n75 controller affect the specified boost of a car? or just the actual? ran tons of logs last night and my n75 was at 96% from 2K rpms all the way to redline. no bueno. :( my specified boost never went above 18.5psi. the only good news is, i was hitting it...
  2. T

FS: Two Newsouth boot taps/PCV hoses

who: Bake what: 2 Newsouth Multi boost tap PCV hoses why: cleaning out basement where: Manchester, CT contact: PM or reply to post I have two Newsouth TSI front PCV hoses with multi boost taps. These sell on ECS Tuning for $50 plus shipping. First one, only 1 tap is working. Perfect for boost...
  3. T

2013 CC R-Line

At my dealer right now for service and saw a 2013 CC R-Line!! Did not even know these existed. Sticker is $34,xxx! I love the way it looks. Anybody else seen this?
  4. T

My car is screwed!!!

I'll give the readers digest version for now... :cool: My car was idling real rough in a parking lot, between 500rpm's and 2K rpm's. I thought coilpack. no CEL at this moment. Decided to drive the car to a local shop and on the drive the car decveloped a LOUD screeching noise best described as...
  5. T

FS: Forge CC for TSI

Name: Bake Location: Manchester, CT What: Forge Catch Can with updated hoses and 42DD quick-drain kit Price: $250 shipped to 48 states OBO Contact: PM here or e-mail Bake3103@gmail.com I have for sale a Forge CC for TSI engine with a 42DD quick drain kit installed. I bought this back in July...
  6. T

Need Help: Boost/PCV Issue?

For the last 4 months i've been hitting only 18psi max. When i ran logs the requested psi was 22 and actual was 18. N75 value was at 96% the entire way. I tested the PCV system by removing the dipstick at idle and the car ran exactly the same. I then removed the oil cap at idle and again the car...
  7. T

DIY: TSI DV Relocation

After replacing my Rev D diverter valve with a Forge replacement valve I decided to relocate the entire DV towards the front of my car so I could service the valve easier. After doing some research, sending plenty of PM's and throwing together a parts list, I was finally able to complete the...
  8. T

VW Phaeton

Hey all, a friend of mine is considering purchasing a VW Phaeton... I know nothing about these other than it has the W12 motor. Does anyone know anything about these cars? :iono: Reliability? Driveability? Any info would be appreciated... Here's a link to the one he's looking to purchase...
  9. T

OK to run Africa plate with no catch can?

I recently installed a catch can on my GTI and my car runs like crap with the CC installed. During troubleshooting I decided to just run the Africa plate directly into the port on the back of my intake pipe. The car ran like a monster with this setup, best i've ever felt it run. Would it be at...
  10. T

My VCDS Logs

I ran logs for the first time today. Unfortunately, I don't have Excel on my computer, I only have Works Spreadsheet. I didn't run a graph, but the numbers are shown below. I see that my car is no where near the requested boost at low RPM's and again from 4400rpm's-6400rpm's. I am, however...
  11. T

AWE boost gauge calibration?

Hey all, I've been trying to resolve my boost and vac (in.hg) numbers for a little while now. Today i decided to take my dash apart and check out the gauge itself. I think this is a mechanical gauge, the older AWE style, but i'm not 100% sure of the mechanical part. My question is, what is...
  12. T

In.Hg numbers at idle

I've always heard that the TSI engine, and GTI's in general, are around 18 in.hg on a boost gauge when just sitting at idle. My car never goes below 15-16... is that abnormal or any sort of sign of a boost leak? Thanks in advance.
  13. T

Kenwood DDX419 Review

Yesterday I had my factory radio replaced with a Kenwood DDX419 in-dash unit. Right off the bat I could tell that the sound clarity and quality was greatly improved. The factory speakers sounded like they really came to life!! I was able to have all my steering wheel controls hooked up to work...
  14. T

Intake parts for sale

Who: Bake Where: Manchester, CT Why: Bought new intake Price: Carbonio Stage 2 pipe - **SOLD** Custom Stage 1 pipe with K&N filter & CBFA hose - $65 shipped OBO Notes: Stage 2 pipe coupler that attaches to turbo has small rip in it, as noted in picture below (stock airbox coupler). The clamp...
  15. T

42DD O2 spacer

I have a 2008.5 TSI with a catted DP and a GIAC stage 2 tune. I was getting the ever so annoying P0420 CEL. Installed a 42DD O2 spacer 2 days ago and have been CEL free ever since!! Checked for DTC's last night and none were stored and my readiness codes all passed. Excellent investment...
  16. T

HELP: What part is this??

Anyone have any idea what part this is? My car just crapped out on me and I'm getting a really loud vac/sucking noise coming from this part. ANY help would be appreciated. Intake manifold flapper??
  17. T

Tires International -Manchester, CT

I went to tires international yesterday in Manchester to get my snow tires finally put on (and today it's 50 degrees... go figure). anyway, when i picked the car up i went to inspect my wheels and noticed that 3 out of the 4 were damaged. After speaking with the manager and the kid that...
  18. T

Where to get Methanol in CT?

Does anyone have some info on locations to purchase Methanol fuel in CT? I found some threads from other car forums but they were all 2-4 years old. Any info will be appreciated. -Jeff-
  19. T

Rabe Motorsports - CT

Anyone ever been to Rabe Motorsports in Wallingford, CT? They're the closest Unitronic dealer... just wondering how the customer service was. Thanks.
  20. T

GIAC Stage 2 PSI

Can anyone let me know what kind of PSI they are seeing with the GIAC stage 2 tune? I have an MK5 but a TSI engine and i have the stage 2 tune but am only seeing 18psi spike and about 15-16psi hold, dropping to about 10psi after 5500rpm. Car feels fine, but i really have nothing to compare it...