GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

16683/P0299/000665 - Boost Pressure Regulation: Control Range Not Reached

dasVW.com

Ready to race!
I was driving home from dinner the other night. Engine light came on and my boost levels weren't peaking over 10 PSI. Pulled the code this morning and sure enough a P0299 shows up. From what I can recall it is either a boost leak or the diverter valve. I am running Stage 2 APR w/downpipe, intake and intercooler. I've double checked all of the hoses so I'm pretty sure it is the diverter valve. Any feedback before I have my local indy install a new diverter vavle? TIA.

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/16683/P0299/000665

UPDATE [9/20/2014]

The stock diverter valve was indeed broken. After upgrading it to the "piston type", my boost is fully restored! Winning! Also, had I known the stock diverter valve was so poorly designed, I would have replaced this valve back when I went from stock -> stage 2. Highly recommend this upgrade for those that are still running the failure-prone rubber diaphragm diverter valve.

Out with the old...

In with the new!

Last edited:

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Check the intercooler connections and boost tap, if you have one.

RaV$

Ready to race!
did you actually pull of the hoses i had these codes pop up and there are 2 or rings one on the TOP and one on the connector going from the intercooler to the hose. one of mine were completely missing ( blown off ) and one was loose i replaced both problems gone.

dasVW.com

Ready to race!
did you actually pull of the hoses i had these codes pop up and there are 2 or rings one on the TOP and one on the connector going from the intercooler to the hose. one of mine were completely missing ( blown off ) and one was loose i replaced both problems gone.

yes, all of the intercooler piping checks out.

I am replacing the stock diverter valve with the piston diverter valve tomorrow morning so we will find out for sure if that was the problem or not. Fingers crossed!

RaV$

Ready to race!
yes, all of the intercooler piping checks out.

I am replacing the stock diverter valve with the piston diverter valve tomorrow morning so we will find out for sure if that was the problem or not. Fingers crossed!
Best of luck!