GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2012 Golf R - Good deal?

sicsdeep1

Ready to race!
Hey All,

I am looking at a Certified 2012 Golf R 2 Door and Blue
Miles - 23K

It is the base model and they are asking $26,800...

Coming from a 2008 2 Door GTI..

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!! :)

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
There is a dealer that was selling a 2012 Golf R in my area with 3k miles had a sunroof and hid head lights for 28,900. With some negotiating You probably could have got it for 28,000. With that said I think it is a good deal but I would push for a little less. But, I am basing my assumption from what I have seen for sale in my area recently so don't take my word on it.

Last edited:

Bozz

Go Kart Champion
I think it's a pretty good deal for a Certified car.

If the car has scratches, dings, etc. I'd bring that up.

rupertpupkin

Ready to race!
I bought my pristine 2012 2 Door R with navi/sunroof and CPO and 15k miles in October for $27,000 private sale. Sounds good to me.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Including the CPO, that sounds decent. Check values on www.nada.com

9V7W3

Ready to race!
So sad.. I paid $39,500 for mine new from the dealer and I have 66K Miles.. Might as well trade mine in for a pack of gum lol

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
^ oh. dang.

chris101

Ready to race!
yeah, I paid darn close to MSRP for my 2012 Base 4dr R too.. oh well.. My goal is to enjoy it until at least 2016 and then decide if I want to trade up to an MK7 R or not ...

9V7W3

Ready to race!
yeah, I paid darn close to MSRP for my 2012 Base 4dr R too.. oh well.. My goal is to enjoy it until at least 2016 and then decide if I want to trade up to an MK7 R or not ...

By then I'll have 250K Miles haha.. They'll be paying me to KEEP the car..

Bmath340

Ready to race!
Its always a good idea to get a CPO. The bumper to bumper warranty for 2 yrs 24K starting from the manufacture bumper to bumper expiration. So that alone helps it feel better than buying it private party or from a non VW dealer. Looks like a good price for a CPO.

vdub's

For comparison I paid 28,500 for my RB R 24K APR STG2+. (Needed a cam follower immediately!) I bought the car from a private owner and a folder with all reciets and he changed the oil with Motul every 5 and even had the dealer use Motul at there 10K change. I am happy with the deal I got.

brett_duenas

Ready to race!
For comparison I paid 28,500 for my RB R 24K APR STG2+. (Needed a cam follower immediately!) I bought the car from a private owner and a folder with all reciets and he changed the oil with Motul every 5 and even had the dealer use Motul at there 10K change. I am happy with the deal I got.

Thats exactly what I was asking for my R with very comparable miles and mods... except, I didnt get any offers so im parting it out and trading it in. :(

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
All of the golf r listing I see are in the 33k region... Is that what they are listed at when you're looking? I would buy at 28k if I could find a 4dr.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk