GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone else find Mk7 Seats uncomfortable?

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
I have found that as I have continued my weight reduction project, the seats have become more hospitable.

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Fwiw as a data point, I had these in (went 15mm I think) for a week or two and ended up taking them out. Started getting weird numbness on longer drives that disappeared after. 6’ / 180lbs I guess the stock seats ended up being fine ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
It’s funny how the little tweak in seat angle in either direction can make such a big difference, but it definitely does

caleb.mk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 DSG
Fwiw as a data point, I had these in (went 15mm I think) for a week or two and ended up taking them out. Started getting weird numbness on longer drives that disappeared after. 6’ / 180lbs I guess the stock seats ended up being fine ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Same. I took the spacers out long ago. I don't mind the seats now..

06RKC

Car(s)
2015 Gti MK7
I find them pretty comfy myself, Gti S model, cloth seats

RMinNJ

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI S
I had to raise the back of the seat with the McMaster bolts and washers and now my back is much better. It makes the seat more flat.

UtahMK7.5

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7.5 R
I was not a big fan of the factory R seats 6' and 170lbs. These fit me much better, just gotta do the wiring to get everything working again.
20230715_141000.jpg

scaper28

I am finding my seats are to high even on the lowest setting , I find I am tilting my head down which in turn is causing me to have bad neck pain .

Anyone else find the seats to high on the lowest setting and is there a way to resolve this ?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I liked the m7/7.5 seats, I like sitting more upright anyway, but found the seat cushion to me a torture device at anything over 2 hours.

The mk8 seat is even more comfortable, ergonomic wise for me, but I haven't tested the cushions torture potential yet. Longest I've driven it yet is an hour.

DIB's

Car(s)
'21 DIB GTI SE MK7.5

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
These are the most comfortable seats I’ve had, even better than the MK4 R seats, imho

I also thought my MK4 seats were comfortable. I drove 1,000 miles and really couldn't complain. I had leather, but of course there was no power available then. My MK5's leather were supportive but hard. What I do on my MK7 is keep one of those cheap black stadium seat foam pads on the bottom. Makes the seat feel better and I can use the heated seatback without frying my ass in a couple of minutes.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Mk8 seats have slightly softer cushions and more static lumbar support. The adjustable lumbar support feels higher than the mk7's, so good if you're tall.

Mwa20GTI

Car(s)
‘20 GTI, 12335is
Mk n7.5 GTI Autobahn. 5'9". 210#. I use a wheel chair cushion to alleviate the pain in my butt. Just returned from a 5,400 mile trip. switching off between that and an air cushion pillow allowed me to drive up to 16hr day. but, now i have screwed up. I took the passenger seat out to chase down a rattle. I very cleverly managed to break the position assurance clip on the airbag (yellow) plug as i removed the seat. Now that I have put the seat back, the airbag light is on. unplugging the yellow plug and re-plugging it has not turned off the light.

I disconnected the battery before I removed the seat and reconnected it after re-installing the seat. When I first started the car after reconnecting the battery, the dash looked like Christmas tree. After I got most things back to normal, the airbag light was still on. I tried to remove and replug the yellow plug, but no joy. anybody got any ideal?

TIA

Michael

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Mk n7.5 GTI Autobahn. 5'9". 210#. I use a wheel chair cushion to alleviate the pain in my butt. Just returned from a 5,400 mile trip. switching off between that and an air cushion pillow allowed me to drive up to 16hr day. but, now i have screwed up. I took the passenger seat out to chase down a rattle. I very cleverly managed to break the position assurance clip on the airbag (yellow) plug as i removed the seat. Now that I have put the seat back, the airbag light is on. unplugging the yellow plug and re-plugging it has not turned off the light.

I disconnected the battery before I removed the seat and reconnected it after re-installing the seat. When I first started the car after reconnecting the battery, the dash looked like Christmas tree. After I got most things back to normal, the airbag light was still on. I tried to remove and replug the yellow plug, but no joy. anybody got any ideal?

TIA

Michael
Have you tried going for a short drive? That often resolves the lights after a battery disconnect.