GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone else mod their car, essentially have no problems at all, AND are very happy?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Yuppers :thumbsup:

What's odd to me is, it seems like many of the consistent water pump failures are on stock cars most of the time, and many with low mileage. Not to say it can't happen to anyone at any time, just from my observation it looks like most are stock.

(editor's note: GK's 2.0T is the same engine and DSG as in the MK6 GTI)

My MK6 GTI had an intake manifold go on it while I was stage 2, no problems at the dealer. I had it from new till somewhere about 28k miles maybe, that was it.

Between the two 2.0T cars (GTI was MT), I've basically had the manifold go and no other problems for a combined approx mileage of almost 65k miles.

PrayforMojo

Go Kart Champion
Yes, 38k on the GTI Stage 2, no problems at all. I dunno if I'm just lucky or maintenance paranoia has paid off, but I've been fortunate modding all my vehicles so far.

simpson110

Ready to race!
32k on my '13 gti and no major issues so far. i did have the water pump fail somewhere around 30k, dealer noticed it at the service, never had a light or anything.

i have been tuned since 300 miles, ko4 since 22k, have done all my own work and have had no issues with any issues with my mods.:happyanim:

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Yup! '11 GTI.

Stage 2 from 36-60k.

K04 from 60k-79k.

Only issue was intake manifold when stock at 30k. Covered by warranty.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Yes, but not on a GTI.

Does that count, Dad?

Winoman

Ready to race!
Car has been Stage 3 since around 35K miles - now at 80K+ miles (about 30K miles last year alone)...only problem (other than replacing aftermarket clutch) was some fuse associated with the ECU burning out...had a problem with random power drops in really cold weather last year that just took car of itself (bad gas?) - and my front LEDs currently not working (after installing DEPO rears) otherwise problem free....

Stevec717

Ready to race!
Yes, Stage 2 here with 60k on original clutch. All good.

I Did just have the intake problem which was fixed under extended warranty.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Other than clutch no issues when stage 1. Waterpump took crap at 9,000, way before modding this car.

Rascal

Ready to race!
40k miles. Only intake manifold replaced underr warranty. Other than that flawless and love the car.

corydd

Go Kart Champion
Yup! My car went Stage 1 at 38k miles. I'm now at 73k, still on the original water pump and intake manifold. Literally zero issues.

Last edited:

Tiggy1

Go Kart Champion
only problems that i have ever had were my own fault... 2.5l's dont break.. but... gtis, well thats a diffrent story..