GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone know anything about Mishimoto radiators?

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Funny thing is in my search I found a thread from zef where he bought an ECS one a couple years back because Mishimoto made an intercooler but no rad at the time. At my timing service they found the radiator was leaking so obviously a sign to upgrade the cooling right? Haven't had any issues with temps on the track yet but I am going to be adding an external oil cooler this year as well and that will block some airflow and dump more heat up there so need to be sure it will handle the heat.

Before I give them $300 and put it in the car want to get some feedback on them.

Knotical

Drag Racing Champion
No Mishimoto on my car, but I've helped install an intercooler of theirs and heard a bit about them. The intercoolers can be hit or miss, some are really good, some are just OK chinese cores they buy in bulk so they've got an offering for that model.

I've heard good things about their radiators, no plastic end tanks means less chance for leaks and full aluminum should help the heat dissipation. From what I understand radiators are kinda their bread and butter, I'd be shocked if it couldn't dump a bunch more heat

Thumper

Autocross Champion
I've seen mixed reviews with Google searches for other vehicles but doesn't seem to be much I can find for people in the Audi/VW world and that's extra odd because there doesn't seem to be many choices for us. All I can find for the MK6 R other then OEM style is the Mishimoto for $300 and a TyrolSport for $1200 at Urotuning. Just seems like a large spread and a really slim amount of choices. I mean, the Mishimoto would have to be garbage and need to be replaced 4 times to make sense. The Mishimoto is sold by FCP so that helps and probably the way I'll end up going I guess.

Cclark6146

Go Kart Newbie
I dont have experience with mishimoto for our cars but I did put mishimoto parts in my Hondas with nothing but good to say about them. I would hope their quality control carries over to other makes/models

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Yeah I know Mishimoto from the Honda world and have heard good things. There company is located here in Delaware. ECS makes an aluminum radiator also

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Yeah I know Mishimoto from the Honda world and have heard good things. There company is located here in Delaware. ECS makes an aluminum radiator also

Apparently ECS only makes one for the TSI, they don't show anything for the R. It's going to be a couple months at least before I can deal with it so maybe someone else will come out with another options. LOL Otherwise I'm going to just go with the Mishimoto, I'm always happy to be the guinea pig for you guys. :D

Vic_MKVI

Go Kart Newbie
Thumper - I just installed this past weekend the CTS performance aluminum radiator. Bolted up 100% with a 5lb difference from the oem.
Unable to give data on logs because I didn’t do a before and after. I can give a temp where it sits after 3-5 pulls.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Thumper - I just installed this past weekend the CTS performance aluminum radiator. Bolted up 100% with a 5lb difference from the oem.
Unable to give data on logs because I didn’t do a before and after. I can give a temp where it sits after 3-5 pulls.

Same problem, they don't show one for the FSI. MK6 TSI and MK7+ only, no love for the MK6 FSI. :(

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
Apparently ECS only makes one for the TSI, they don't show anything for the R. It's going to be a couple months at least before I can deal with it so maybe someone else will come out with another options. LOL Otherwise I'm going to just go with the Mishimoto, I'm always happy to be the guinea pig for you guys. :D
The TSI engine is in the R too

Cclark6146

Go Kart Newbie
I was looking at the ECS one last night and it looks like a good option. kinda interested myself on this one. so far I like their FMIC.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
You would be absolutely brain dead to go with the Tyrol radiator. ESPECIALLY after seeing what Jay went through with them

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
You would be absolutely brain dead to go with the Tyrol radiator. ESPECIALLY after seeing what Jay went through with them
Agreed. I'd re-weld a cheap ECS/CTS/Mishimoto 5 times over before I'd pay what they want for theirs.

Thumper

Autocross Champion

Agreed. I'd re-weld a cheap ECS/CTS/Mishimoto 5 times over before I'd pay what they want for theirs.

LOL It was never really an option so I didn't search for anything on them to find Jay's experience.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
IIRC the original one he got was defective and leaked so he sent it back and it took them like 6 months to get him a new one